What we love about this shrimp and pesto pasta recipe is that it’s quick and easy AND it’s only 3 ingredients. Even more to love? This recipe cooks from start to finish in 15 minutes. And who isn’t always looking for a super easy weeknight dinner?!
This easy weeknight dinner can’t be beat. Add in some quick frozen veggies and you have a well-rounded, healthy dish to feed your family. We love using frozen peas or some roasted zucchini.
What ingredients do you need for shrimp pesto pasta?
- Frozen shrimp
- Pasta of choice – we love orecchiette
Frozen shrimp is one of those things we always love to keep in our freezer so we can get a dinner on the table quickly.
How do you thaw frozen shrimp?
- To thaw it quickly just add shrimp to a colander and run cold water over shrimp. It’s as easy as that!
Another great thing about this dish is that pesto has oil in it, so it’s great for cooking the shrimp in! Plus, the pesto imparts a beautiful flavor onto the shrimp.
This recipe makes 2 servings, but you can more than easily double it for 4 servings. Great for a family or dinner party.
3 Ingredient Shrimp Pesto Pasta
This 3 ingredient shrimp pesto pasta comes together in less than 15 minutes and makes a great easy, weeknight dinner!Print Rate
Servings: 2 people
- 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons pesto divided
- 2 ounces dry pasta orecchiette is best for this dish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions (boil water, add salt and pasta, drain when done)
- In a medium-large skillet add 1 tablespoon of pesto and add the shrimp. Cook, stirring and flipping the shrimp occasionally over medium-high heat until the shrimp is cooked through, usually 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the shrimp. Add additional tablespoon pesto. Stir and serve.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 91g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 1294mg | Sodium: 4134mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 302IU | Calcium: 484mg | Iron: 9mg