This cucumber sandwiches recipe is an easy appetizer recipe to make and only uses four ingredients! These mini sandwiches will quickly become one of your favorite appetizers and the best thing to bring to any gathering.
My sister-in-law introduced me to this recipe years ago and I knew I had to share it with you because it’s THAT good! When I first ate these, to say I was obsessed was an under-statement. I had to walk away because it was easy to eat way too many of them. These fancy mini cucumber sandwiches recipe has become my go-to for a tea party appetizer recipe.
To make the cucumber sandwiches all you need is 4 ingredients:
- Rye bread – this is usually sold by the deli counter, called ‘cocktail bread’ – or you could use any bread and cut it in small shapes
- Cucumbers – I like to use seedless English cucumbers
- Cream cheese – this works best at room temperature, feel free to use reduced fat cream cheese
- A packet of ranch dressing mix – be sure to get the powdered packet of ranch dressing, as opposed to anything liquid.
There’s a fifth ingredient if you feel like getting fancy with a topping. You can always add a sprig of dill to take the sandwiches to the next level.
How do you make these cucumber sandwiches?
- Combine ranch seasoning packet and cream cheese.
- Spread layer on piece of bread.
- Slice cucumber and top bread/cream cheese mixture with the cucumber slice.
- Add a sprig of dill for garnish (optional)
So simple and SO delicious!
I love taking these cucumber sandwiches to parties. They are so easy to make in bulk and everyone loves them. These are the perfect sandwiches for something like a bridal shower or tea party inspired party – and then, don’t forget to add a mimosa bar to the party – everyone will love it.
This cucumber sandwiches recipe will quickly become one you make on repeat – I promise! Easy, delicious and under 5 ingredients.
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package package cream cheese 8 oz. package; at room temperature
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix or 1/2 packet Ranch DIP mix
- 1 package mini rye bread slices (called cocktail bread)
- 2 cucumbers peeled and sliced, I like using English seedless cucumbers
- 1/4 cup fresh dill pieces optional, for topping
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese and Ranch seasoning mix.
- With a knife spread a thin layer on a piece of bread, then top with a slice of cucumber
- Add a fresh piece of dill for garnish
- Repeat until all sandwiches have been made
Maxwell Shipton says
I always make them with plain cream cheese with lots of black pepper sprinkles on top… ?❤️?
Oh yum, that version sounds good too 🙂
Nancy Truszynski says
I love these and there are often requested by my daughters and nieces. I too use Good Seasonings Zesty Italian seasoning and sprinkle a little dried dill on top. Always hope for leftovers when I put 2 halves together for little sammies! Can’t wait for your weekly emails 🙂
Thank you for commenting Nancy, so glad you make these too (I totally make leftovers into little sammies too!)
How far in advance can you make these?
I’d say the night before, but not much longer than that!
I have been OBSESSED with cucumbers lately. Which is odd. lol I mean don’t get me wrong I’ve always liked them but lately I can’t get enough! These sandwiches look awesome! And what a fun shower!
Thank you so much girl! I totally know what you mean, when I get into something, I just need to eat it every day, these are totally one of those things I could have daily 🙂
My fiance’s mom makes these the same way and I can attest they are just straight up DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for sharing and glad I stumbled onto your blog 😉
I’ve made these cucumber sandwiches for years. But I’ve always used one packet of Italian Dressing mix instead of Ranch. I can’t wait to try the ranch!
Oh that’s so interesting about making it with Italian Dressing, I’m totally going to have to try that!
andrea rentea says
Thank you for sharing these beautiful sandwiches. As we love cucumbers these will get made today. The decorations at the shower and the sandwiches are stunning.
I think you’ll absolutely love the simplicity and deliciousness of this recipe, thank you so much for your comment 🙂 And the decorations were so cool because they were all hand made!
Lynn Lovejoy says
Girl these were delicious! I could have eaten all of the ones we made and I’m NOT kidding!! I’m so glad I was able to come to this and celebrate and bring fascinators! The decorations were SERIOUSLY impressive! Love these sandwiches so glad you shared them!!
YAY! I’m so glad you liked them, and I’m so glad you were there to help (and to teach me how to peel a cucumber the fancy way!) And of course thank you for letting me borrow your fascinator, I felt so glamorous. Never again will I question you telling me something will look good and me thinking ‘she’s nuts’ lol. Love you!
Heather - Butter & Burlap says
Oh my goodness these are amazing! For some reason, this recipe feels so “English” to me. Like I would love these little cucumber appetizers with my afternoon tea :). I am such a sucker for easy recipes so I know this one will be a favorite of mine… simple, yet impressive in presentation and taste! And that 30th birthday party theme of yours? Done. Happening. Can’t wait for mine. Great recipe!
Thank you so much Heather. These totally do have an ‘English’ feel to me as well, they were perfect for the tea party themed bridal shower. And I can’t wait to see how your 30th birthday goes 🙂