This cucumber sandwiches recipe is an easy appetizer recipe to make and only uses four ingredients! These mini sandwiches will quickly become one of your favorite appetizers and the best thing to bring to any gathering.
My sister-in-law introduced me to this recipe years ago and I knew I had to share it with you because it’s THAT good! When I first ate these, to say I was obsessed was an under-statement. I had to walk away because it was easy to eat way too many of them. These fancy mini cucumber sandwiches recipe has become my go-to for a tea party appetizer recipe.
To make the cucumber sandwiches all you need is 4 ingredients:
- Rye bread – this is usually sold by the deli counter, called ‘cocktail bread’ – or you could use any bread and cut it in small shapes
- Cucumbers – I like to use seedless English cucumbers
- Cream cheese – this works best at room temperature, feel free to use reduced fat cream cheese
- A packet of ranch dressing mix – be sure to get the powdered packet of ranch dressing, as opposed to anything liquid.
There’s a fifth ingredient if you feel like getting fancy with a topping. You can always add a sprig of dill to take the sandwiches to the next level.
How do you make these cucumber sandwiches?
- Combine ranch seasoning packet and cream cheese.
- Spread layer on piece of bread.
- Slice cucumber and top bread/cream cheese mixture with the cucumber slice.
- Add a sprig of dill for garnish (optional)
So simple and SO delicious!
I love taking these cucumber sandwiches to parties. They are so easy to make in bulk and everyone loves them. These are the perfect sandwiches for something like a bridal shower or tea party inspired party – and then, don’t forget to add a mimosa bar to the party – everyone will love it.
This cucumber sandwiches recipe will quickly become one you make on repeat – I promise! Easy, delicious and under 5 ingredients.
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 package package cream cheese 8 oz. package; at room temperature
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix or 1/2 packet Ranch DIP mix
- 1 package mini rye bread slices (called cocktail bread)
- 2 cucumbers peeled and sliced, I like using English seedless cucumbers
- 1/4 cup fresh dill pieces optional, for topping
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese and Ranch seasoning mix.
- With a knife spread a thin layer on a piece of bread, then top with a slice of cucumber
- Add a fresh piece of dill for garnish
- Repeat until all sandwiches have been made