A super easy healthy meal to make is this 5 ingredient baked chicken and sweet potatoes for two – perfectly portioned so that there are no leftovers.
Even though I usually make food and then pack the leftovers for my husband and I to take to work (or I plan ahead like I did with these chicken stir fry noodle bowls) sometimes I like making something just for the two of us, where it’s just dinner and no leftovers (like these steak fajita tacos for two).
[Tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer if you make this recipe!]
On busy weeknights I love making this baked chicken and sweet potatoes dish. All you do is cut a chicken breast in half (or you could use two small chicken breasts) and then add in the sweet potatoes, sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with olive oil, then you bake the dish and in 30 minutes you have a seriously delicious dinner all ready to go, and all it took was five ingredients! That’s manageable, right? And you could play around with the seasonings too. I love using garam masala (like I did on today’s Five Ingredient Friday recipe). It is an Indian spice that is aromatic and really amps up the flavor of chicken. You could also use a Mediterranean spiced sea salt instead. What I like to say is to transport yourself to whatever climate you want in the world through seasonings!
When you’re looking for a simple 5 ingredient recipe, this baked chicken and sweet potatoes for two is perfect!
What else can you make with sweet potatoes?
5 Ingredient Baked Chicken and Sweet Potatoes for Two
- 8 oz chicken breast cut in half, or two small chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place chicken breast halves in a small baking dish, then add in the sweet potato cubes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sweet potato and sprinkle the garam masala and garlic salt over the chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip the chicken breasts and move around the sweet potatoes. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes (or until the potatoes are easily poked with a fork and the chicken is cooked through), then remove from oven and serve.