I’m making a 5 ingredient BBQ chicken and quinoa bowl recipe that will blow your mind! It’s so easy to make, you’ll be eating dinner in under 30 minutes.
I love eating in bowl form because it allows even the pickiest eater to enjoy their meal. A friend of mine has a family with all sorts of allergies so she always just makes bowl dinners so each person can have their own toppings. Brilliant! It works with kids too.
I start this 5 ingredient BBQ chicken and quinoa bowl recipe with quinoa because it packs in the protein and is a great blank canvas to add flavors to.
Next come all of the tasty toppings. And, they are oh-so-simple! Since it’s only five ingredients, it’s perfect for 5-ingredient Fridays!
All you need for toppings are:
- BBQ sauce
- Fried onions
I love making this bowl when corn is in-season because it’s just that much better. But of course, frozen corn is a great alternative option.
Top the bowl with a delicious helping of friend onions for a nice added crunch and enjoy!
5 Ingredient BBQ Chicken and Quinoa Bowls
- 1 Boneless/skinless chicken breast Cooked (see cooking instructions below or use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup Quinoa Cooked (see cooking instructions below, or use premade 90-second quinoa)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup crispy fried onions
- 1 ear corn cut in half and cooked. Or use 1/2 cup frozen corn.
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cups water
To Cook Quinoa
- Rinse quinoa for about 30 seconds.
- Combine quinoa and water in saucepan and bring to a boil. Decrease heat to low and cook until quinoa has absorbed all of the water.
To Cook The Chicken
- Coat chicken in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt and 1 pressed garlic clove (or a dash of garlic salt). Bake until done. Time will vary depending on size of chicken breast. Alternatively, pan fry the chicken breast or cook it in a slow cooker.
To Assemble The Bowl
- To assemble bowls -divide quinoa between two bowls, and divide toppings between the bowls-chicken, bbq sauce, fried onions and corn. Enjoy!