In need of a quick dinner? I’ve got you covered with this 5 ingredient beef and pepper ramen that only takes 20 minutes to make!
After your truly amazing response to 5 ingredient ramen with an egg, I’m back with another ramen recipe. This one has beef and peppers which are cooked to perfection in a Thai sweet chili sauce and then sits atop a bed of ramen noodles.
[Tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer “Dinner is ready in under 20 minutes – 5 ingredient beef and pepper #ramen from @philiakelnhofer“]
I think I know why the ramen with an egg recipe went over so well with you guys, heck, I make it about once (ok, you got me, probably more like twice) a week: it’s super easy, quick, and suuuuuper delicious. Over 10 of you made it and sent me amazing photos and reader recreations (I’m always updating the reader recreations, so keep ’em coming!)
Even though some people might think that ramen is just a budget college food I would argue that it’s becoming super ‘hip’ and ‘trendy’! Mix it with a few other ingredients and dinner is served (while still being a super budget friendly meal!)
When I’m running short on time during the week (which is pretty much always) I love making this dish. You slice a bell pepper and start cooking it, then you’ll add in Thai sweet chili sauce (which is such a great sauce and can be found in your local grocery store or you can buy a big jar of it on amazon which is exactly what I’m going to do – because this stuff is so friggin good) and then add the beef and peppers over ramen noodles (I cook them like noodles and drain the water so that it’s not a soupy dish.) If you’re ever in need of a super quick and delicious dinner idea, this beef ramen with peppers would make an excellent choice!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Korean Beef BBQ Tacos with Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- Spicy Roast Beef Sliders
- Easy Grilled Steak and Chimichurri
5 Ingredient Beef and Pepper Ramen
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb sandwich steak sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 packets beef flavored ramen noodles
- Bring a small pot of water to boil (for the ramen.)
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan over high heat add in the sliced bell pepper and vegetable oil and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly browning on the edges, stirring occasionally. Add in steak strips and season with salt. Cook for 4 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your doneness level of liking. Turn heat off and stir in sweet chili sauce.
- When water is at a boil, open ramen packets remove seasoning packets and set aside. Cook noodles for 3-4 minutes, or until tender, then drain the water from them and return them to the pot. Sprinkle seasoning packet over the noodles and stir. Top with beef and peppers and enjoy.