When you’re looking for a meal that’s super easy to put together and that everyone will love, look no further than this 5 ingredient French dip sandwich. It’s warm, delicious and a great classic recipe! The beef is slow cooked to perfection in a flavorful sauce that makes for the best beef sandwiches (with au jus dipping sauce)!
When you are looking to serve a group – or even just your family – making something in a slow cooker is not only super simple, but makes the house smell delicious and makes dinnertime or hosting smooth and stress-free.
What 5 ingredients do I need for a beef dip sandwich?
- Rump roast
- Beef stock
- French onion soup mix
- Hoagie rolls
- Provolone cheese
These simple 5 ingredients are all you need before you’re on your way to a hearty lunch or easy dinner. Plus, you can add as much sauce as you’d like for a big dip or little dip (personally, we say soak the roll in all that goodness!)
The simple seasoning on this beef is a dried packet of French onion soup mix that provides the perfect amount of subtle flavor when mixed with beef stock.
When you need a great meal for football games, party food, or a quick dinner (we love having these on busy days after soccer practice because it can just cook away while you’re out, and then you come home to an amazing dinner) this recipe has for 5 ingredient beef dip sandwiches has got you covered.
This recipe is from my 5-Ingredient Cookbook (which has over 100 amazing recipes with only 5-ingredients!!)
5 Ingredient Beef Dip Sandwiches
- 1 beef rump roast 2 - 3 pounds
- 1 container beef stock 32 ounces
- 1 packet dried French onion soup mix 1 ounce packet
- 4 Hoagie rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Put the beef rump roast in a slow cooker and pour in the beef stock and onion soup mix, stirring until no chunks of soup mix remain. Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours (see notes).
- To set up the sandwiches when the beef is done, cut the rolls in half and place one slice of cheese on each bottom bun. Set out little bowls on each plate and ladle one or two ladlefuls of the broth mixture from the slow cooker into the bowls.
- Carefully remove the roast from the slow cooker and slice on a cutting board. Place the meat on top of the cheese and cover with the top roll, then serve with a dipping bowl and enjoy.