This 5 ingredient broccoli egg breakfast bowls recipe comes together super quickly and is a great option for vegetarian breakfast or a fun breakfast for dinner recipe!
This breakfast bowl takes only 5 minutes to make. Seriously, 5 minutes. Which is perfect for your busy mornings or nights when you’re not sure what to cook.
Two other dishes that make great breakfast for dinner dishes:
What ingredients do I need to make this broccoli egg breakfast bowl?
- Broccoli Florets
- Feta Cheese
And, of course a delicious piece of toast to enjoy along side this dish! We love a good slice of sourdough toast.
Beyond this dish being so easy to make, it is also super flexible which makes it a fave in our book!
A few places you can get creative with ingredients:
- Cheese options: Feta (used in this recipe), goat cheese, shredded cheddar or any of your favorite cheese options
- Additional toppings: Bacon, chorizo or sausage. You could even add in peppers if you want to spice it up a bit!
The best option is to use frozen broccoli florets in this dish for one main reason: no chopping! Because, let’s be honest, who loves cutting up broccoli?! Plus, fresh broccoli goes bad much more quickly than frozen. Of course, if you use fresh broccoli, cook time will vary slightly.
This 5 ingredient broccoli egg breakfast bowls recipe is a great dish for vegetarians. Eggs and avocados are two of the best ways to get protein quickly…using avocados in cooking is great, but catching them at proper ripeness is always a trick.
One quick avocado tip:
Once an avocado is at proper ripeness level, put it in the fridge to stop the ripening process.
5 Ingredient Broccoli Egg Breakfast Bowls
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets frozen
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Saute broccoli. Put 1 Tbs. butter in skillet. Melt. Add broccoli. If you're using fresh broccoli, adjust cooking time. Cook at medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt if you'd like things a bit saltier. Broccoli cooked from frozen is about 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs. Add 1 small pinch of salt per egg.
- Add eggs to broccoli skillet and scramble. Turn heat to low. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat once eggs start to solidify. Eggs keep cooking with residual heat.
- Top with avocado and feta cheese.
- Serve with toast if desired