This comforting 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole recipe will become a staple at the family dinner table.
Cheesy beef and egg noodles, and veggies to boot. This casserole is everything you want after a long day (and a great way to get kids to eat vegetables!)
Can we talk about these last few weeks? They have been really tough! There has been an insane amount of work that needs to get done, and just not enough hours in the day.
I’ve literally been going to bed late and waking up early to get at least a little bit of work done, because I just can’t/won’t do work when I’m spending time with Ben after work when I get to see him and then do dinner time and bed time. But when he gets to bed, then the work needs to happen.
I do feel like I’m being super productive when I’m working (either day job – running a small natural products manufacturing business – I shared more about it when I shared this 5-ingredient rigatoni with eggplant and chorizo or when I’m working on the blog business side of things) but it’s just sheer volume of work.
I know it all ebbs and flows, and this is just one of those times that I have to put in a little extra work and then it will all go back to being a more manageable amount of work soon.
AND – the best thing I have to share with you guys? Ben said his first word, and it was MOM … and I caught it on video. Life = made! You can see it on my instagram stories highlight!
Back to the recipe…as you may have gathered from the post on buffalo cauliflower nuggets…I love asking people what they make for dinner. This cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole concept was shared to me by a fellow mom. She said that while it may sound weird, the ingredient combination of beef, cheese, diced tomatoes, green beans and egg noodles was amazing and that her kids loved it.
I made this 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole and have to admit that while making it I was a little skeptical…but seriously, it was SO good and I’ve seen made this casserole recipe a bunch of times, and everyone that has it LOVES it!
- 1 lb (16 oz) egg noodles, cooked
- 1.25 lbs lean ground beef (with a pinch of salt)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with italian herbs
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) cut green beans, drained
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, then set aside.
- While the noodles cook, in a large pan cook the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until no more pin shows (about 5 minutes). Add in diced tomatoes and green beans and stir.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large casserole dish add noodles and beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!