This comforting 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole recipe will become a staple at the family dinner table.
Cheesy beef and egg noodles, and veggies to boot. This casserole is everything you want after a long day (and a great way to get kids to eat vegetables!)
What ingredients go into this 5 ingredient cheesy beef and noodle casserole?
- Egg noodles
- Ground beef
- Diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- Green beans
- Colby jack cheese
It’s as simple as these 5 ingredients that you probably already have in your refrigerator!
The days have been crazy with juggling kids schedules, drop-offs and pick-ups, sick kids and work, of course! I do feel like I’m being super productive when I’m working (either day job – running a small natural products manufacturing business – I shared more about it when I shared this 5-ingredient rigatoni with eggplant and chorizo or when I’m working on the blog business side of things) but it’s just sheer volume of work.
I know it all ebbs and flows, and this is just one of those times that I have to put in a little extra work and then it will all go back to being a more manageable amount of work soon.
As you may have gathered from the post on buffalo cauliflower nuggets…I love asking people what they make for dinner. This cheesy beef and noodle casserole concept was shared to me by a fellow mom. She said that while it may sound weird, the ingredient combination of beef, cheese, diced tomatoes, green beans and egg noodles was amazing and that her kids loved it.
I made this 5 ingredient cheesy beef and egg noodle casserole and have to admit that while making it I was a little skeptical…but seriously, it was SO good and I’ve seen made this casserole recipe a bunch of times, and everyone that has it LOVES it!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken spaghetti casserole
- Chicken broccoli alfredo freezer meal
- Meal prep beef burritos with zucchini
5 Ingredient Cheesy Beef and Noodle Casserole
- 1 lb egg noodles (16 oz.) cooked.
- 1.25 lbs lean ground beef with a pinch of salt
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with Italian herbs 14.5 oz each
- 2 cans cut green beans, drained 14.5 oz each
- 2 cups colby jack cheese shredded
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, then set aside. I like boiling them in salted water.
- While the noodles cook, in a large pan cook the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until no more pink shows (about 5 minutes). Add in diced tomatoes and green beans and stir. Add in a pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large casserole dish add noodles and beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.