When you’re looking for an easy one-pot meal, look no further than this 5-ingredient cilantro lime chicken and brown rice skillet!
Several things I love about this super easy 5-ingredient chicken dinner:
- one pot meal, check = less dishes
- 5-ingredients, check = perfect for this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday
- easy to make, check = perfect for busy nights (aka every night during the week) when you don’t want something that requires tons of work
- fast, check = this dinner is ready (prep included) in under 30 minutes
- delicious, check = I totally love the cilantro-lime flavors in this dish, so simple but so spot on!
- healthy, check = 1 serving clocks in at 250 calories!
I’m totally digging this easy 5-ingredient cilantro lime chicken and brown rice skillet. You already know I love 5-ingredient recipes, and without even meaning to, I created this one. I had a bunch of cilantro in my fridge that was on its last leg that still had a decent amount of cilantro left on it. Immediately I thought of the cilantro-lime combination. I totally love those flavors together, don’t you?
As I mentioned last Friday when I shared this 5 ingredient strawberry daiquiri recipe, the herbs I have in my garden are just going crazy – they’re growing growing growing, I’m really excited!
What are your favorite things to do with fresh herbs? I love hearing your suggestions! Aside from making pesto or lemonade with fresh herbs, I love making herb butter, chimichurri sauce for steak like in this curry crusted steak with roasted red pepper chimichurri sauce and I also love making this Vietnamese chicken noodle salad. I’m ready for summer and know I’ll be using my fresh cilantro every time I make this cilantro-lime-chicken dish!
So the next time you’re in search of a quick dinner that is delish and all comes together in one pot – make this 5 ingredient cilantro lime chicken and brown rice skillet, it will not disappoint!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- One Pot Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Asian Ground Turkey and Rice Bowls Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Enchilada Casserole
5-Ingredient Cilantro Lime Chicken and Brown Rice Skillet
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup dry brown rice I like to buy the parboiled 20 minute brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 cup fresh cilantro divided
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- In a large skillet with enough depth to hold all the ingredients or in a large pot cook the chicken broth for 2 minutes, then add in the cubed chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the brown rice, salt, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, zest of 1/2 of a lime and 1/4 of the lime, juiced.
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in remaining cilantro, then divide and serve.