You’ve been at work all day and have had no time to think about what to make for dinner…problem solved with these delicious 5 ingredient fish stick wraps. It’s a super easy recipe that is ready and on the table in less than 15 minutes, and the best part? You probably already have the ingredients to make this dish in your house!I’m going to level with you: cooking dinner day-of is kind of a thing of the past for me since I’ve had Ben.
Gone (at least for now) are the days when I can spend an hour making dinner after work. These days, if I haven’t made dinner ahead in meal prepping, it’s kind of a ‘what’s in the refrigerator/freezer that I can make quickly’ type of situation, and I’m relying more and more on my Five-Ingredient Friday recipes.
Back when I was pregnant, I didn’t talk about it a lot, but I was so sick, all the time, and many of my former favorite foods lost their appeal, while other childhood faves were all I could eat. Like that time all I could eat for a week straight was fish sticks!
I’m not even kidding. I would buy a bag of Gorton’s Fish Sticks (the best ones, we all know this!) and bake them and have them plain, with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. I would have fish sticks for breakfast, lunch (we have a toaster oven at my work and I’d just pop them in and voila) and dinner.
So it’s no surprise to anyone that I now always have fish sticks in my freezer (don’t you? If you don’t, I strongly recommend keeping a bag in there). And when I came home from work and needed a quick meal and the first thing I saw was the bright yellow bag, I knew what I was making.
In my freezer I also happened to have peas, and wraps and that’s how, in a moment of genius, this easy 5 ingredient dinner recipe came to be. All you do to make these amazing 5 ingredient fish stick wraps is you cook the fish sticks, and while those are cooking you blend together peas and tartar sauce to make a spread. Then when you’re ready to make the wraps, you spread the pea mixture on the wrap, put some lettuce on, and top it all off by adding fish sticks and then wrapping it all together!
From start to finish, these flavorful fish stick wraps take 15 minutes, that’s my kind of quick meal!
Other recips you might enjoy:
- Easy Sweet Chili Fish Tacos Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Spinach Hummus Feta Wraps
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Caesar Pita Wraps Recipe
5 Ingredient Fish Stick Wraps Recipe
- 16 Gorton's fish sticks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 1 cup lettuce
- 4 wrap shells
- Cook fish stick according to package instructions (8-10 minutes in the oven).
- While the fish sticks are baking warm up the peas in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until no longer frozen, then combine with tartar sauce and use either a food processor or blender to blend peas and tartar sauce together. If you don't have a blender or food processor you can mash them together with a fork.
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each wrap shell, sprinkle 1/4 of the lettuce, and then top with 4 fish sticks. Roll up and enjoy!
This post is brought to you by my partnership with Gorton’s. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog possible.