Do you ever get bored with healthy lunch options? I know I really do! I work out in the middle of nowhere, and while there are a few options, I just don’t feel like making the trip (in the snow – or lately, rain) and eating something I’m not really wanting, or that isn’t the best for me health wise.
The only thing that really works for me is planning a little ahead and meal prepping.
This pasta is amazing. It’s so easy to make, flavorful, and filling and a healthy lunch option!
And, the beauty of this 5 ingredient recipe is that it has simple ingredients, and you can customize it based on what you have in hand.
The 5 ingredients in this healthy pasta recipe are whole wheat pasta (you can use any type of pasta), turkey sausage (or chicken sausage, or any type of sausage), swiss chard (or spinach or kale), olive oil, and parmesan cheese. Super easy to make, and when you divide it up, you have 2 ounce portions of pasta, so you’re not sitting there eating more than a serving (which I’m totally guilty of!)
I pack lunches for my husband and I almost every day. There are some occasions where I haven’t done any meal prepping, and we both can really tell and send each sad face emoji texts to each other during lunch. What I like to do is to take a few hours on Sunday to meal prep, it ensures that we have something made and ready to eat for the week. Here are some of my favorite recipes for meal prepping:
- Breakfast: 5 ingredient vegetable frittata (this one reheats really well!)
- Lunch: the recipe below for this 5 ingredient pasta, or the best shrimp cauliflower fried “rice” (I could seriously eat this every day)
- Snacks: energy bites are my go tos! I make these no bake oatmeal cookie energy bites (pictured above) all the time. I also make these coconut date energy bites (they’re consistently one of the most popular recipes on my site) and my hubby always requests these 5 ingredient peanut butter pretzel energy bites!
- Dinner: This turkey meatloaf and roasted vegetables is omg so good and perfect for meal prepping and so is this 5 ingredient slow cooker salsa chicken and quinoa for healthy meal prepping. I also love making recipes from my cookbook (because the recipes all only have 5 ingredients in them!!) like the below pictured Italian sausage parmesan rigatoni which is such a great easy meal that freezes/reheats really well.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about some of my favorite recipes to meal prep, among them is definitely this 5 ingredient pasta with sausage and swiss chard. Do you meal prep? I’d love to know! Tag me on Instagram, @philiakelnhofer
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Meal Prep Breakfast: Miso Butter and Egg Toast
- Freezer Meal: Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- On the go oatmeal cups & toppings
I love these food storage containers Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
350-400 calories per serving depending on what type of ingredients you use.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1099mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 37g
I love these food storage containers
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.