These 5 Ingredient Mini Coconut Banana Cream Pies are SO SO SO YUMMY, only have 5 Ingredients (that’s right, 1,2,3,4,5-perfect for this week’s Five Ingredient Friday) and are made with delicious Toasted Coconut Moravian Cookies from the Salem Baking Company!
Dating back to 1766, the people of Moravia came to the colonies of North America and settled in North Carolina and brought with them a recipe for very thin, rolled out spice cookies with exotic flavors.
- Fun fact of the day #1- Moravian Spice cookies have a reputation for being the ‘World’s Thinnest Cookie.’
- Fun fact of the day #2- I first had Moravian Cookies when I lived in none other than the state of North Carolina, and have been craving them ever since moving, enter me doing a little happy dance when I saw that Salem Baking Company ships their product and has expanded their product line…a lot…from 4 years ago when I lived in NC!
- Fun fact of the day #3-Since 1930 the Salem Baking Company has been making and carrying on the tradition of Moravian Cookies
- Fun fact of the day #4- Salem Baking company is awesome (see below for the giveaway to try their AMAZING products)
- Fun fact of the day #5- When I was working on the recipe for these Mini Coconut Banana Cream Pies I had my husband taste test them, his response was ‘it’s ridiculous how good these are’ (reason 100 billion why I love that man!)
Ok, so to make these Coconut Banana Cream Pies, you start by making the little pie crusts, then, while those are cooling you make the filling, then when the pie crusts are done cooling, you fill them with filling and viola, you’re done. Easy peasy!
The Salem Baking company not only makes delicious Moravian cookies in many different flavors, but also makes Cheese Straws, Flatbread Crackers and other delicious snacks and they’re giving one lucky Sweetphi Blog reader! Here is a smapling of their products (yeah, those Caramel Sea Salt Moravian Cookies Dipped in Chocolate? those are gone, I can tell you that they were some of the best cookies I’ve ever had. EVVVVER!):
One lucky reader will receive a $50 assortment of Salem Baking Company products! To enter simply comment telling me which of the products you’d like to try most and why, and then fill out the widget to let me know you’ve entered (there are other entry options available too!)
Please fill out widget after entry!
- 3.5-4 Oz Toasted Coconut Moravian Cookies a sleeve and half of cookies
- Start by making the crusts. In a food processor put cookies and butter, pulsate until a thick crumbly consistency. If it's not coming together enough, feel free to add 1 teaspoon of water and pulsate to help combine.
- Grease a mini muffin pan liberally. Press crumb mixture into muffin pan and form with fingers into the little pie crusts. Once 12 mini pie crusts are formed, put pan in the refrigerator to set for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 350. Remove from fridge and bake for 10 minutes. When you remove the pie crusts from the oven, you'll have to press the edges down with the back of a spoon. To avoid this step you could use mini pie weights (I just didn't happen to have any and don't mind pressing the pie into shapes, you can also leave as is for a puffier crust.)
- Allow for crusts to completely cool, as soon as they're done cooling remove (carefully!) from pan.
- While cooling, make the filling. In a bowl with either a hand mixer or stand mixer start by beating the banana until it becomes paste like. Then add the heavy cream and sugar and whip until soft peaks form (5 minutes).
- Fill pie crusts with a heaping tablespoon of filling, garnish with a little piece of cookie and enjoy!
Disclaimer: The lovely folks over at the Salem Baking Company provided product and the giveaway prize for this post, but it is not sponsored, and as always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that help make the Sweetphi blog a fun place!