This 5 ingredient pancetta parmesan cauliflower pasta recipe is the perfect easy dinner recipe, and is the first Five-Ingredient Friday of the year!
Pasta is one of my favorite things to make for fast & easy dinners. And with only 5 ingredients, it truly couldn’t be more simple!
While the pasta is cooking, one can make the amazing mix-ins– pancetta and cauliflower, totally delicious! The pancetta crisps up and combines perfectly with cauliflower and pasta, and when combined with cheese – omg, it’s such a great dinner that everyone will love. And the best part, it’s ready to enjoy in under 20 minutes!
I like using whole wheat penne pasta for this dish, but any pasta would work. I’ve also made this dish using bacon in place of pancetta, so it’s totally cusomizable. When draining the water that the pasta is cooking in, you’re going to reserve a little of the pasta water and add it back in – this mixed with the parmesan cheese makes for an almost creamy sauce which brings the pasta dish together.
Next time you’re in need of a super quick dinner recipes, make this 5 ingredient pancetta parmesan cauliflower pasta!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Baked Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Pasta for Meal Prep Lunches
- Chicken Feta Spinach Tomato Pasta
5 Ingredient Pancetta Parmesan Cauliflower Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta see note
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- ½ of a head of cauliflower cut into small florets (about 2 cups of florets)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water, and return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in. Pour the reserved water back into the pot with the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes, then add in the cauliflower florets and garlic salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Dip a ladle or measuring cup into the pasta water and pour ¼ cup of water into the pancetta and cauliflower and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the pancetta and cauliflower mixture to the pasta, add the parmesan, stir, and serve.