I still cannot believe it, how has it been 2 years to the day (July 19th) since my cookbook Fast and Easy Five Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook For Busy People was published and out in the world, available for sale? It feels so surreal and like a dream come true – still years after the fact!
Having a published cookbook was a dream of mind. A dream which turned into a reality.
Creating a cookbook was a lot of work, but a process I loved.
I look back and love the fact that I created all the recipes. I tested all the recipes. I photographed all the recipes. I wrote an entire manuscript!
But the thing is…none of this would have been possible without YOU, without your love of my Five Ingredient Friday recipes!
Thank you thank you THANK YOU for all for your support. I will say it a million times. Without you, the cookbook would not be what it is. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you. I love when you tag me on Instagram or use the #sweetphicookbook hashtag.
The cookbook contains over 100 recipes, all 5 ingredients or less, all with big beautiful photos (always my favorite part of cookbooks-speaking of which, here is a list of my favorite cookbooks) and it contains my favorite easy recipes for busy people (who isn’t busy? right?)
I truly believe this is a cookbook that everyone will enjoy!
Now that I’m a mom, I cannot tell you how much I use this cookbook!
Just yesterday I made the sun-dried tomato breakfast pizza (pg. 33) -we ate it for dinner! Oh, and I used my recipe for whole wheat pizza crust because I didn’t have a store bought one!
If you’re ever curious about how the cookbook was created, I have linked all the posts in a ‘Behind Making the Cookbook‘ on my cookbook page at the bottom.
Favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes:
Ummm…this is so hard because I love all the recipes SO much. But here are some of my ultimate faves, ones I make all the time, to name a few!
- Buttermilk pancakes (pg. 15) – make these on weekends all the time
- French toast casserole (pg. 17) – this recipe is very popular, perfect for brunch guests
- Crispy bacon and Brussels sprouts (pg. 46) – my husband requests these as a side dish all the time
- Cheesy leek dip (pg. 58) – this is kind of a signature party staple for me, it’s so good
- Mediterranean dip (pg. 63) – my fave last min dip, I just made this for Ben’s first birthday party!
- Beef dip sandwiches (pg. 92) – I’ve made these at least 3 times this year, perfect for parties, everyone loves them
- Sloppy Joe sandwiches (pg. 101) – right after I had Ben i made these all the time (see here for proof for favorites after first week at home with a newborn lol)
- Marinated yogurt lemon chicken (pg. 113) – make this all the time, such a versatile 5 ingredient recipe
- Brat and caramelized onion pizza (pg. 126) – my husband requests this for his birthday every year
- Italian sausage parmesan rigatoni (pg. 133) – weeknight staple and so quick
- Brownie bites (pg. 161) – these are addictive, so good
- Peanut butter sea salt cookies (pg. 169) – my in-laws make these into ice cream sandwiches, other in laws make them with almond butter, they’re SO good and easy!
- The Spice Mixes (pg. 216) – you’ll never have to buy taco seasoning again. My husband wanted taco dip once and I used the recipe to make late night dip, and then tacos the next day…basically the seasoning is so versatile and amazing!
- Restaurant style salsa (pg. 220) – this one is sooo good for parties, also I know a friend who makes this all the time and shares on Insta and it makes my day!
Where to buy:
- If you don’t already have the cookbook, or you’re wanting to buy another one for someone you love (thank you) they are available via: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Boswell Books, IndieBound, and Walmart.
Sharing is caring:
- I absolutely LOVE seeing everything you are making on Instagram from the #sweetphicookbook , please instagram your photos and use the hashtag and tag me! You can also share a picture to the SweetPhi Blog Facebook page!
- Lastly, if you’ve been enjoying the cookbook, would you mind leaving a review on Amazon? SO MANY THANKS!! This really helps keep the book seen, and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart, and THANK YOU so much to those of you that have already left reviews!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
- I’m giving away two signed copies of the cookbook, and each winner also gets a $10 Starbucks gift card!! To enter, leave a comment letting me know if you have the cookbook what your favorite recipe is or if you don’t have a copy yet, let me know what you’re excited about trying! Each comment is an entry. Winner will be randomly chosen July 31st. Only open to US registrants.
Nice recipe thanks for sharing
Healthy Kitchen 101 says
I don’t have your cookbook and that’s why I want it so much. Also, the 5 ingredient recipes for busy people is also the vision of my recipes so That would be great if you can learn more from you 🙂
– Natalie Ellis
Aw thanks for your kind words and entering 🙂
B Mama says
I first stumbled onto you when I was looking for a wedding cake recipe. Your recipe was the winner hands down with my people! Thank you for that ?
I don’t have your 5 ingredient cookbook yet but we seem to have similar likes! My daughters favorite veggie is brussel sprouts and EVERYBODY loves bacon, so I am excited to try that recipe. Peanut butter cookies are my husbands fav so I’m sure that would be another winner at my house. Actually they all sound so good!
Thank you for taking time to share yourself with us. Enjoy your little guy. They grow up so fast.
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your lovely comment! I’m so happy you like the wedding cake recipe, I make that one often! Thanks for entering!