These amazingly delicious 5 Ingredient M&M’s® Red Velvet Cake In A Mason Jar treats have only 5 ingredients (yes, only 5 ingredients!) and are the perfect treat to enjoy with friends and family on Valentine’s Day and are part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are, as always mine alone. #RedVelvetLove #CollectiveBias
Ah Valentine’s Day, a day when everything is lovey dovey and heart shaped…that holiday…it approacheth! And I don’t know about you, but I’ve always felt like there’s a lot of pressure on Valentines Day. Pressure to have the most perfect of perfect date nights and get the best, most romantic presents. Ummm…can we ‘real life’ this for a second? I’m busy. You’re busy. We’re all busy.
I don’t want to worry about yet an additional thing needing to be done or place I have to try and not be 5 minutes late to. For this precise reason I would like to propose a new type of Valentine’s Day: spend it with friends and family and create new traditions.
My husband and I never go out on Valentine’s Day, rather, we cook dinner together. It’s nothing crazy, but it makes my heart swell with love, and it’s always delicious food. And this year I’m making these 5 ingredient M&M’s® red velvet cake in a mason jar (also, today is Friday, so say hello to another Five Ingredient Friday recipe.)
These would be absolutely perfect for a girl’s night too…one of my girlfriends once called Valentine’s ‘galentines’ and it has ever since stuck with me. How fitting for a fun girlfriends party on Valentines!
To make these cakes in a jar it’s actually super simple! You mix 1 box mix of red velvet cake with 1 can of dark soda, bake into little cupcake liners, then when cooled push one cupcake into a mason jar and pipe some frosting in (I was lazy and just took a spoon and spooned some in) and then put another cupcake on top and then repeat and finish by topping the cakes in jar with chopped up M&M’s® Red Velvet and M&M’s® milk chocolate ones. And voila!
See more great M&M’s® Red Velvet recipe and party ideas at myconfectioncorner.com/valentines-day where you can also download a coupon to save on your M&M’s® purchase.
Since I’m such a sucker for themed holidays, and since at every holiday you can find little bowls of themed M&M’s® on my table, I was perusing the holiday aisle at Walmart which is where I found the M&M’s® Red Velvet!
For more M&M’s® Red Velvet inspiration, be sure to visit the Red Velvet Love Recipes page. Join the #RedVelvetLove Pinterest Party taking place at http://www.pinterest.com/SoFabChats/ on Saturday, January 31 at 12:00pm ET for your chance at winning a $1000 Walmart gift card!
So grab a spoon and dig in! I’d love to know, how do you spend your Valentine’s Day?
- 1 box of red velvet cake mix
- 1 can 12 oz dark soda (cola)
- 1 jar 16-18 oz of cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup M&M's® Red Velvet chopped
- 1/4 cup M&M's® Milk Chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the can of soda and bag of red velvet cake mix. Spoon to fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Unwrap one cupcake and press it into a mason jar, then scrape any remaining crumbs on the liner into the mason jar. Now either pipe frosting or spoon a tablespoon or a little more into the jar. You want it in the center of the cupcake, then press another cupcake into the jar, spoon or pipe frosting in, then add a third cupcake and frost the top of the mason jar, now sprinkle some chopped M&M's® on to and enjoy!