This hearty arugula salad with roasted chicken and potatoes makes for the perfect lunch or dinner recipe and definitely being enjoyed as part of the Summer of Smoothies and Salads.
Last week I got the cutest message from my husbands’ grandma “Phi I have to let you know what just happen, I bought a package of arugula, which I very seldom do and I have chicken breast out, so I googled a recipe for chicken and arugula, as I’m going through the list one sounded good so I tapped on it not knowing whose it was and your pretty smiley face appeared. What a joy, now I’m off to make your recipe.”
She was talking about this crispy chicken and arugula salad! It totally made my day…and got me thinking of chicken and arugula…because I too had chicken and arugula in the fridge.
I love peppery arugula and chicken and lemon and potatoes are just such a great compliment!
This arugula salad with roasted chicken and potatoes comes together so nicely, it’s also a great sheet pan meal. I have a love of sheet pan recipes, because you just line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then when you’re done roasting clean up is a breeze!
What I also love about this arugula salad is that it can be served with the chicken and potatoes warm, or cold.
If you’re looking for a great chicken arugula salad, you’re going to love this recipe!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Baked BBQ Chicken and Avocado Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad in a Jar
- Healthy & Filling Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lb baby red potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl grate zest from the lemon and squeeze the juice into another bowl.
- In the bowl with the lemon zest, add 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of fresh ground pepper. Rub mixture on chicken tenders and then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half (or in quarters if some are large) and place on baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the chicken and potatoes on the baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic over the contents of the baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over the baking sheet. Spread/turn the chicken and potatoes around the baking sheet to make sure they're coated in oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- While the chicken and potatoes cook, make the dressing. In the bowl with the lemon juice, whisk in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide arugula into 4 bowls, top with chicken and potatoes, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Kim Henrichs says
Yum!! My favorite salad topping is nuts of any kind.
Yum, nuts are amazing!
Most of my salads are complimented with some sort of nut or seed.
YUM, nuts and seeds are such great additions!
Amy s. says
My favorite salad topping is candied pecans.
Almonds, Walnuts or Pecans and Dried Cranberries !!
YUM, those are awesome salad toppings!
My favorite salad topping has to be roasted almonds. Love the nutty crunch.
YUM, those are awesome salad toppings!
Susan P. says
My favorite salad topping is quartered artichokes, especially on a mixed greens salad.
Those are some of my favorite salad toppings!
My favorite salad topping is some sort of seed, sunflower or pepitas.
YUM, love seeds on salads
I love bacon on my salad!
Can’t ever go wrong with bacon 🙂
I don’t get to crazy with toppings… but lately I’ve been throwing some beet noodles onto my greens and been loving it.
Ooooh yum, beet noodles sounds awesome!
My favorite salad topping is candied pecans or walnuts
Those toppings sound amazing!
This sounds yummy!! I like roasted beets on my salads, also almonds
Those sound like great salad toppings!
My favorite salad topping is feta cheese.
That’s one of my favorite salad toppers too!
I love salads with arugula, and this one looks so good. Will be trying it soon. Thanks!!! 🙂
Rita Kelnhofer says
This one sounds very good, have to get another bag of arugula, they don’t always have here.
May you, Nick and Ben ave a happy and safe 4th of July
Thank you so much Rita, hope you love this salad 🙂 And thank you for the warm 4th of July wishes, we can’t wait to spend the day together.
Mary W says
My new favorite salad topping is Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts. They have a delicious nutty flavor and have more protein, iron and omegas than chia or flax seeds. I was surprised to find hemp hearts in my Club Store and snatched up a big bag.
oh that’s so delicious, I’m going to have to be on the look out for hemp hearts!
Love the recipe. My fave salad topping is definitely cranberries.