We love Asian flavors in our house so I’m sharing an Asian chicken and quinoa bowls recipe for a quick and healthy dinner. I love eating meals in ‘bowls’ form – they are flexible, easy to throw together and you can make just about anything!
One of our favorite meals to eat is Asian ground turkey rice bowls. This recipe is using a similar idea and flavors. Both recipes are super quick and easy dinner options for nights that you don’t really feel like cooking!
This recipe uses ingredients that most people already have at home – another reason why it’s so great.
First, for chicken, I typically buy chicken breasts in bulk from Costco and prep them ahead of time for a variety of meals. If I haven’t taken time to do that, I love using what I call, “cheater chicken.”
Cheater chicken is just rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It’s a shortcut I love! It’s already perfectly cook so you can just grab one, shred the chicken and add your desired sauces.
Once you’ve made your chicken and added the teriyaki sauce, it’s time to get creative with your toppings. The best part about bowls is that everyone can choose what they like on top. So, for example, I don’t put the cashews and sriracha mayo on when I feed this to my kids. But they love the chicken, broccoli and quinoa!
Plus, quinoa is a great source of protein so it’s a great way to sneak a little more protein into everyone’s diet.
Healthy, quick and delicious check all the boxes in our house so this is a mealtime favorite! This Asian chicken and quinoa bowls recipe will become a favorite of yours in no time.
Asian Chicken and Quinoa Bowls Recipe
- 1 Boneless/skinless chicken breast Cooked (see cooking instructions below or use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup Quinoa Cooked (see cooking instructions below, or use premade 90-second quinoa)
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup Broccoli Cooked (I roast broccoli with olive oil, salt and a pressed garlic clove -or use microwave steamed broccoli)
- 2 Tbs Cashews
- 2 Tbs Sriracha mayo (2 tbs mayo, 1/2 - 1 tsp sriracha)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cups water
- Rinse quinoa for about 30 seconds.
- Combine quinoa and water in saucepan and bring to a boil. Decrease heat to low and cook until quinoa has absorbed all of the water.
- Coat chicken in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt and 1 pressed garlic clove (or a dash of garlic salt). Bake until done. Time will vary depending on size of chicken breast. Alternatively, pan fry the chicken breast or cook it in a slow cooker.
- To assemble bowls -divide quinoa between two bowls, and divide toppings between the bowls-chicken, broccoli, cashews, and sriracha mayo, then drizzle teriyaki sauce and. Enjoy!