I’ve made some pretty delicious brownies over the years, but I have to say, the recipe I’m about to share with you are THE BEST brownies ever! Last week, Ben and Nick made the recipe on the back of the bag of Ghirardelli sweet cocoa powder for “Ghirardelli award winning brownies” and you must try them.
Previously, I’ve shared these two brownie recipes that readers have loved (and so have I!):
Both of these recipes each feature something a little extra to make their respective recipes extra tasty and special.
Yes, those are both delicious recipes, but if you’re looking for just a standard amazing fudgy chocolately brownie, the back of the bag Ghiradelli ones. WOW. This recipe makes the richest brownies with the perfect balance of chocolate flavors.
I do a lot of the cooking at the house, so it’s always such a treat when Nick and Ben are baking together in the kitchen, I love watching them have fun and work together! Plus, the end result is always delicious.
One of the things I love best when baking brownies is the glorious smell throughout the house. I feel like I can almost smell it just from these pictures alone.
I never thought a recipe found on the back of the bag could be as rich and ooey gooey as these brownies.
If you love frosting on your brownies, the back of the bag also includes a chocolate frosting recipe that I am sure is amazing. We don’t typically add frosting to our brownies, but I bet Ben would love it if we did!
Do you have a favorite brownie recipe that you use? I can truly see why these are called ‘award winning’ – if I brought these to a content, I’m sure they’d win!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Cocoa
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional - I did not use)
- 1 cup 60% Cacao Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together eggs with sugar and vanilla. Add butter.
- Add in sweet ground cocoa with flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture; add nuts if using. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into greased 8" x 8" square pan. Bake 20-30 minutes.
- For extra chewy brownies, use 9" pan and longer baking time.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe can be found on the back of the bag for Ghiradelli Sweet Ground Cocoa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix