I love salads, but hate when they end up taking like 20 different ingredients to prepare. That’s what I love this baked bbq chicken and avocado salad. It tastes so good and comes together with 6 simple ingredients.
This easy baked chicken and avocado salad is one the whole family will love. It’s made with:
- Chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce
- Romaine/coleslaw lettuce mix
- Tortilla strips
- Ranch dressing
There are several tips/shortcuts I use to make this a super easy salad to make. The first is that I simply put bbq sauce on chicken breasts and bake them while I’m getting the other ingredients ready. You can use whatever your favorite bbq sauce is. Or, if you’re short on time, you could pick up a rotisserie chicken and just brush some bbq sauce on it an use that!
The second tip/shortcut I like to use with this salad is that I get a bag of pre-cut greens, it’s called “Fancy Greens” – yup, that’s the name on the bag lol! The bag already has pre-cut romaine lettuce and a coleslaw mix and has tons of carrots, which is great! I like that extra crunch, but don’t want to have to cut a carrot. If you can’t find a romaine+coleslaw mix, you could always get a bag of romaine and then a bag of coleslaw and mix them together.
This baked bbq chicken and avocado salad could also be made into a sandwich or wrap. If we are eating a salad, a great way to get my 3 year old toddler to eat it is to wrap it in a tortilla. He loves the BBQ chicken, avocado and crunchy tortilla bits, and he loves to dip things in ranch dressing, so I make it into a little tortilla and that way he also eats the greens (at least a few pieces).
A few other easy salads you might enjoy:
- Grilled chicken green goddess salad
- 5 Ingredient flank steak charred corn salad
- Steak and nectarine salad
- Crispy chicken and arugula salad
- Spinach salad with soft boiled egg and bacon
- Yogurt lemon chicken and feta salad
If you’re looking for an easy salad the whole family will love, I’d definitely recommend giving this baked bbq chicken and avocado salad a try.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 5 Ingredient Chicken Salad Recipe
- Healthy & Filling Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Baked BBQ Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1 bag about 4 cups romaine/coleslaw mix
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips (Santa Fe flavored are amazing!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- On a non-stick baking sheet place chicken breasts, spoon/brush bbq sauce on top of chicken breasts and place baking dish in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. While chicken is baking, put greens in a bowl. Slice avocado and put on top of greens.
- Remove chicken from oven and slice and place on top of greens.
- Sprinkle tortilla strips on top of salad and drizzle on ranch dressing.
- Serve in 4 bowls or as one big salad, family style