I’ve made muffins before that were good, but nothing like this!
These Blueberry Cherry Muffins with Streusel Topping are made with fresh blueberries and cherries (remember how I have 30 lbs of Door County Cherries to go through 🙂 ) and made with Greek Yogurt.
I wanted to know if it was just a fluke that I had made the perfect dozen muffins that everyone enjoyed, so I made them a second (and then third and fourth) time with the exact same perfect result!
Because of the cherries and Greek Yogurt they are not overly sweet, but the Streusel Topping adds a little kick of sweetness as you bite down into these moist, fruity muffins! Yummmmmmm!
- For the Muffins:
- 4 Tbs Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)
- 1/2 Tbs lemon zest (I zested about 1/4 of a lemon)
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking Soda
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup fresh Blueberries, cleaned
- 3/4 cup fresh Cherries, cleaned
- For the Streusel topping:
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 Tbs sanding sugar or rough sugar
These muffins are loaded with fruit…yummmmm, they were SO GOOD!