I absolutely love butternut squash! Every time I buy some, my husband asks when I’m going to make one of his favorites- Butternut Squash Gnocci -so that will have to be on the menu soon! Luckily I bought a bunch of squash so that I could try different things, and this turned out totally delicious! I served it with the Portabella Panini, but then the next day had the salad by itself for lunch-it tastes great with the squash warm or cold!
- 2 large butternut squash cubed and baked
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Hazelnuts-toasted
- 1/4 Cup Pesto from a jar mixed with 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Cups Spring Mix
- Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for the squash
- Clean the squash and cube, then toss in a bowl with the olive oil and some salt and pepper to coat it. Put on lined baking sheet and bake for 45 min to an hour
- Bake the hazelnuts for 10 minutes to toast
- Put the hazelnuts in a food processor and process until they are crushed but some bigger chunks remain, add the pesto and water mixture and mix.
- Combine all ingredients and serve
Peeling butternut squash is really a workout, but totally worth it! Serve as a side salad or main dish.
I’d love to hear from you-what do you do with butternut squash?
[…] Butternut Squash Salad with Hazelnut Pesto […]