Ever see those smoothies in the grocery store next to the salads? I happen to love them! I was going to make this Torte that I usually make in the summer when I add berries, but I thought it would be oh so delicious if I added some of the soft mango flavor that is in one of my favorite smoothies called C-Boost by Bolthouse Farms. The torte turned out wonderful with hints of mango and almond from the almond meal. This is a wonderful dish for spring or summer nights.
- 1 Cup + 1 Tbs Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Masa Harina Corn Meal Flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Lemon zest + juice
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup C-Boost Mango Smoothie
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In 1 bowl mix the flours plus 1/3 cup white sugar.
- In a second bowl beat the egg whites with a handheld mixer until soft peaks form, then add the pinch of salt and 1/3 cup sugar
- In a third bowl beat the egg yolks until a creamy color, add in the brown sugar, smoothie, olive oil, zest and juice of lemon.
- Combine the second and third bowls, folding the mixtures together with spoon, and then slowly fold in the first bowls' contents. When all the ingredients are combined pour into the prepared springform pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and remove outer springform. In a bowl mix together the honey, vanilla extract and lemon juice and drizzle over torte. When torte has cooled, sift the powered sugar on top, cut and enjoy!
Mango Almond Torte Ingredients