Oh. My. Gahhhhh! You guys!!! These caramel spiced pecans are so good, they have a crunchy caramel coating and hints of spice that give them the perfect sweet-spicy combo and a toasted pecan flavor from toasting them both before and after coating them!
I made these caramel spiced pecans for this weeks Five Ingredient Friday and my husband had some and said ‘these are better than the ones at the ballpark’ … need I say more?!? I mean, I feel like I should just post the recipe and call it a day with that response.
Make them. Eat them. Perhaps use them as a ice cream topper? Or even better yet, use them as a topping for carrot cake-stay tuned for that deliciousness coming tomorrow! The caramel sauce I used is this 3 Ingredient Caramel Sauce, but another caramel sauce that is simply amazing (I just didn’t have any left) is the caramel sauce from Fat Toad Farm…have you entered the giveaway for the ‘Toadally Cute’ Caramel Sauce Gift Set yet?
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Cups Pecan Haves
- 3 Tbs Caramel Sauce
- 3 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper more if you like really spicy
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay pecans evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes, shake the pan to redistribute the pecans so they don't burn and bake for another 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the pecans are baking, warm caramel sauce in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds (may need to microwave for another 30 seconds if the caramel sauce has been in the fridge.) then add the brown sugar, cayenne, and salt. Stir until everything is combine (it will be very thick). Now add the warm pecans and fold the caramel mixture over the pecans, stir until all pecans are covered.
- Spread the pecans onto the parchment paper and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes until the coated pecans cool, then break up the pecans if there are any chunks (there were lots of yummy chunks that I broke up) then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container