Hi Friends, this week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers-20 I’m talking holiday food and sharing about a few fun holiday events we’ve done as a family, I’m also sharing about the twins eating their first food and how you can get your very own SweetPhi tote bag! But, most importantly, I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from our family to yours!
If you’re not sure what to make for your holiday feast, I’ve got you covered for Christmas/New Years or anything in between (I’m celebrating with my family on Dec. 27th)!
New on the Blog:
- Catching up with the Kelnhofers – check out the latest with our family!
- Recipes for a Delicious Christmas Morning – Christmas morning is busy enough, you shouldn’t have to think too hard about breakfast!
- Prime Rib Roast and Yorkshire Puddings – a perfect meal for Christmas dinner
- Oven Baked Pork Roast – a meal that’s lovely enough for Christmas dinner, but affordable and easy enough for any day of the week (great for a family meal – kid approved)!
- Iced Bailey’s Coffee Latte – give yourself a little treat on Christmas morning!
What to make this week:
All things Christmas meal related! From breakfast to dinner, some of my favorite holiday recipes are below:
- 5 ingredient french toast casserole
- Healthy slow cooker breakfast casserole
- Gingerbread muffins with cream cheese frosting
- Iced Baileys coffee latte (or my favorite sweet cream iced coffee)
- More great ideas here!
- Cheddar bacon ranch pinwheel wraps
- 5 ingredient stuffed mushrooms with stuffing
- But so many more! Here is a roundup of my some favorites
- Prime rib roast and Yorkshire puddings
- Oven baked pork roast
- Garlic roasted leg of lamb
- 5 ingredient crock pot pork roast and potatoes
- Super simple 5 ingredient turkey
I love giving these rocky road brownies in a jar as a gift and everyone who receives them loves them too! One of my readers offered a great alternative to my recipe – see below
- “One optional modification that worked very well is to substitute 1 egg for 1/4 cup of buttermilk. It makes the brownies extra gooey and chewy!”
Things I’m loving this week:
- We went to one of Nick’s Grandma’s assisted living home Christmas parties – it was so funny – they had an Elvis impersonator! I have to say, that was a first for us! The kids all loved the music. From left to right: Freddie sitting with grandma (Nick’s mom) and her brother/Nicks uncle, Ben watching the Elvis impersonator, me and Frankie.
- We went to the mall with the kids and Ben got to ride the little train. He got a lollipop at the end. We, of course, told him not to eat it in the car….BUT he’s a toddler and didn’t listen, so it got stuck in his hair. That was a fun time getting it out. Ben is in the train with his Aunty Nina.
- For St. Nick’s, we were gifted a Christmas train ride. We went and Ben got to see Santa and his Aunt bought him a cookie as big as his head!
- The twins ate food for the first time ever! I used my Baby Food Maker cookbook to make sweet potatoes.
- Nick got me an early Christmas present. I’ve been wanting a house plant for my office and it is amazing – so beautiful and alive. I am so excited about it! He actually got the plant off of Amazon. He got me a Monstera because it’s a good plant for low light and easy to take care of.
- Other sweet moments from the week: Ben playing with Frankie on the floor, and Nick with Freddie.
Here is our family picture for Christmas cards:
Have you started your holiday baking? What have you made or what are you making? Just leave a comment below and let me know!