Ooey gooey cheesy sausage spinach dip…this dip is like an amazing amplified version of Spinach Dip! I made this dip years ago and my husband has since has been asking when I would be making it again.
Well, I finally made it again and can honestly say I don’t know why I have been such a bad wife by not making this sooner haha!
This dip is up there in awesomeness next to the Cheesy Bacon Dip and that’s saying a lot! The sausage, spinach, peppers and cheese are a perfect combination. This dip can be served with tortilla chips, pita chips, crostini, slices of bread of just by shoveling it into your mouth with a spoon lol. Enjoy!
Cheesy Sausage Spinach Dip
Cheesy sausage spinach dip served in a bread boat is perfect for a crowd pleasing appetizer everyone will love!Print Rate
Servings: 10 -15
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage mild or spicy
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, reduced fat
- 1/2 cup sour cream reduced fat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise reduced fat
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup banana peppers chopped
- 2 cups baby Spinach
- 1 loaf of bread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Start by browning the Italian sausage in a pan over high heat-about 8 min (I didn't need any oil because the meat let off its own juices). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. After the meat starts to brown, add in the chopped up onion and red pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise (it helps if they're at room temperature, but a few lumps are ok). Mix until all are well combined and creamy.
- Then add the 1 cup of the Parmesan Cheese, chopped banana peppers, spinach, and sausage, peppers and onion mixture (drain any excess liquid from cooking before adding it). Mix until everything is combined.
- Make a bread boat or bowl by cutting the top off the loaf or round of bread and hollow out the loaf (saving the innards and cutting them into pieces for serving). You want to leave the bottom on the bread, but you can hollow out the sides.
- Next transfer the mixture into the bread boat (or a baking dish) and add sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the dip. If baking in a bread boat, wrap the sides of the bread in aluminum foil leaving the top (dip) exposed. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
The dip can be made ahead and baked the day of the party. Can be made 1-2 days in advance.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 652mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g
This recipe was originally given to me by an amazing friend who adapted it from the Chicago Sun Times
[…] Cheesy Sausage Spinach Dip […]