Made with enchilada sauce instead of pizza sauce and then topped with shredded chicken, ooey-gooey cheese and drizzled with sour cream, this Chicken Enchilada Flatbread is a super delicious and quick dinner idea that the whole family is sure to love!
With the shortening of days, by the time I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen making dinner. But I also don’t want to have take-out or delivery every night, so what I like to do is have a few items in my house that I know I can use to put together a quick and delicious dinner, in a short amount of times. One of those items I always like to have on hand? Flatbreads!
Flatbreads are awesome, you can keep them in the freezer and then come time you want to use them, just remove them from the freezer, throw some toppings on (I also like to have some cheese on hand), bake, and voila, you have yourself dinner!
Since I just made homemade enchilada sauce (such a flavorful and easy homemade sauce) I used that instead of a marinara-type sauce, then added some shredded chicken, cheddar and mozzarella, baked it, and drizzled some sour cream on top. You can use any kind of shredded chicken – chicken from a store bought rotisserie chicken if you’re short on time, or you can make salsa chicken (like from this recipe, I just simply put salsa and chicken in a slow cooker and then shred it and use it for dishes like this)
When my hubby asked what I was making for dinner and I told him ‘Enchilada Flatbread’ he just kind of looked at me, but then when he had some he said ‘when you told me what you were making I didn’t think it would work, but this is REALLY GOOD!’ He who hath little faith! lol. But the subtle spices from the enchilada sauce are complimented perfectly by the creaminess of the cheese and sour cream.
- 1 flatbread crust I use Stonefire brand
- 1 Cup Enchilada Sauce to the heat level you like
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar reduced fat, shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella reduced fat, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream reduced fat, mixed with 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay flatbread crust on a baking sheet, then spread the enchilada sauce over the flatbread. Evenly distribute the shredded chicken over the sauce, then sprinkle it with chili powder and salt.
- Sprinkle the cheddar then the mozzarella cheese over the flatbread, then bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. While the flatbread is baking, mix the sour cream with a little water in a bowl.
- Remove flatbread from oven, let cool for 2 minutes, then drizzle the sour cream over the flatbread, cut the flatbread into 8s, and enjoy!