This lovely treat is just in time for Valentines day and uses a recipe I made for Chocolate Cake with Raspberries (click here for original post) and then includes the assembly directions from this awesome post I found last year and have been wanting to use from from 52 Kitchen Adventures blog. Enjoy!
Assembling the cake pops:
- 1 cup Chocolate chips for coating, melted
- 6″ lollipop sticks
- Optional: white or pink gourmet sprinkling sugar
- Once cake is cooled, add to the frosting bowl and mix with the back of a spoon, paddle attachment, or your clean, dry hands until thoroughly combined. Press onto a large dish or cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper so it’s about 1″ thick. Put into freezer for an hour. Take out and form into balls and put back into freezer for another hour.
- In a double boiler or in a microwave, melt the chocolate or candy melts, stirring until all lumps are gone. Once melted, remove from heat and pour into a cup (taller the better so you can dip the cake pop in). Let cool for a few minutes.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick in melted coating and push straight into the cake pop.
- Holding the lollipop stick, dip the cake pop in to the coating until it’s completely covered, then quickly remove. Hold over cup while excess drips off (if needed, tap your wrist with the opposite hand to help the process).
- Place on wax paper or into an upside down colander to cool
- Optional: sprinkle with colored sugar
- Store in fridge until ready to enjoy
Chocolate cake pop ingredients
the cake batter
Chocolate cake cooling
- The pops cooling
- Chocolate Raspberry cake pops
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!