Apparently Santa really gets the good stuff in my house haha-remember when I made Chocolate Covered Orange Peel for Santa? Well, now he gets cookies as well!
Around the holidays I get a bazillion catalogs in the mail and I was flipping through one of my favorites and come across a product listing for ‘Gourmet Cookie Mixes for Santa’ with a price of $12.95! ‘These look like a super cute gift’ I thought to myself, but for $12.95? No way! So I set out making them over the weekend, and was able to do so for under $4.00!
These make for the perfect DIY/homemade holiday gift and are really easy to put together! I used a piece of paper as a funnel to get the ingredients into the jars nicely (as you can see in the below picture on the left). I wanted to make sure the cookies were up to standard so I took one of the jars I had just made and made cookies (it felt like I was getting a present by dumping the ingredients out lol) and they were delicious (cookies from the jar mix can be seen in the below picture on the far right!)
The cookie recipe is for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies. I also made little gift tags with instructions for how to bake the cookies that should be included with Jars- you can print the labels from below or create your own. Enjoy!
- In a quart mason Jar layer the following:
- 1¼ Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½-3/4 Cup M&Ms (mine were like heaping ½ cups)
- ¾ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- --other items--
- 4 Large Mason Jar(s)
- ¼ Yard of fabric, small 6in x 6in square per Jar
- 15 Inches of Ribbon per jar
- 1 Piece of paper for funnel
- 4 labels
- Clean and dry each bottle/lid.
- In each mason Jar layer all dry ingredients starting with the flour and ending with the white sugar. You will need to press the contents of the Jar down when you get to the brown sugar layer. To get ingredients into the Jar, I ended up rolling up a piece of paper to act as a funnel.
- When all ingredients are in the Jar, add the lid and seal cap. Then put a piece of fabric over the top and tie a bow with the ribbon, add a label/tag with cooking instructions and gift away!
Click for word document of Cookies for Santa Labels (this should download automatically, if it doesn’t, make sure you don’t have a pop up blocker on!)
Sign up for email updates and get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes!