These cranberry bliss cookies are chewy, tart and have the perfect hint of sweetness. Combine cranberry pieces and white chocolate chips for the perfect combination of flavor to make these Christmas cookies.
We’re willing to guess many of you have been in a Starbucks around the holiday season and have seen their cranberry bliss bars. Well, they are SO DELICIOUS that we had to attempt to make them at home.
Are cranberry bliss bars seasonal?
- You betcha! Which is another reason why we knew we had to re-create these flavors to enjoy at home all year round.
How do you make cranberry bliss cookies?
You can, of course, get the full recipe below, but here’s a quick snapshot!
- Make the cookie batter.
- Add in fresh cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Frost with a cream cheese frosting.
If you’ve read any of our cookie recipes, you probably know that the absolute best baking pans are these Gold Touch pans. And the other trick is to be sure you’re using a cookie scoop. This will help ensure all of the cookies are a uniform size; perfect for a beautiful cookie platter.
So, you’ve got cranberries and white chocolate, which we already know pair beautifully because one is tart and the other is quite sweet, so when you mix them together you get the perfect balance.
But what about the frosting!? You could certainly omit t his step if you’d like, but we think the drizzle of cream cheese frosting is the perfect way to finish these cookies off.
What cookies are you making this holiday season? We’d love to know so just leave a comment below!
Cranberry Bliss Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup Candied ginger finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Orange zest
- 1 Cup Cranberries finely chopped
- 11 oz White chocolate chips
For the Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese at room temp
- 4 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 Tbs Corn syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter, vegetable shortening and granulated and brown sugar until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and then add the vanilla extract and the eggs. Beat until combined.
- Next add in the flour, baking soda, salt and orange zest and beat until combined, then add in the finely chopped ginger and cranberry pieces and beat again until all combined, then with a wooden spoon stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 Tbs of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets (approx. 12 per cookie sheet) and press down a little and then bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and repeat the baking process with all the dough.
To make the frosting
- Start by creaming the cream cheese and then scrape the sides of the bowl and add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and corn syrup. Beat until a smooth consistency (I beat my frosting for about 3-5 minutes). Spoon frosting into a piping bag and then frost the cookies by making a zig-zag pattern over the cookies. Allow the cookies to cool until the frosting is stiff to touch, then store in an air tight container until ready to enjoy!