These cranberry gingerbread muffins are absolutely perfect for fall, comforting and warm cinnamon and gingerbread flavors complimented by tangy cranberry, making them delicious through and through.
Last week, a week to the day, I was drinking coffee and eating breakfast after having attended ChoppedCon 14. I was at breakfast with someone I had met at the conference, and although we did spend time together at the conference, we really bonded at coffee, that lovely girl is Lynn of Order In The Kitchen.
Several funny things happened at breakfast. To start, we each ordered an iced coffee and discovered that we liked topping our coffee with cinnamon. I cautiously sprinkled a few bits of cinnamon on my iced coffee and went to wait at a table. Lynn? Well, who knows what happened with the cinnamon container because all of a sudden approximately half the bottle was in her coffee. There was a thick layer. I’m still not quite sure how she drank it, but we still laugh and text (not to mention tweet, instagram, facebook and snapchat each other) funny comments about ALL THE CINNAMON.
But besides the funny cinnamon incident (I’m posting a cinnamon hot chocolate Tuesday, stay tuned!!), she had this gorgeous looking muffin for breakfast, she even posted about it here. I got a boring bagel but kept thinking about that damn muffin! So this morning, in honor of the lovely Lynn (who just so happens to be a lawyer, hence ‘order’ in the kitchen, and I keep thinking of fun L rhymes ‘love Lynn the lawyer lol’) I made these cranberry gingerbread muffins…cinnamon and all 😉
Before I show you how to make these muffins, can we talk about cranberries? I’m totally loving the beautiful color of them!
I had some frozen cranberries in my freezer, but fresh ones would work great for these as well! Making the muffins are super simple, you just mix your wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, combine them, add the cranberries, bake, and you’ll have yourself delicious muffins!
I like to top my muffins with sanding sugar, the extra little crunch is so yummy!
Do you save the tops to eat last? I totally do 🙂
- 1/2 Stick Butter unsalted, melted
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp All Spice
- 1 Cup Cranberries finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a muffin pan with 6 large muffin liners or 9 regular size muffin liners.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave butter for 30 seconds, then remove from microwave and add all wet ingredient (ingredients up until the flour) and whisk until combined, it's ok if there are a few lumps.
- In another bowl add all dry ingredients (minus cranberries). Add wet ingredients to dry and stir 3 times, then add the cranberries (I usually pulse them in a food processor for 4 seconds, but if you like larger pieces you can just chop them). Add the cranberries and stir until combined. Spoon into muffin liners. Bake for 22 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!