I love using cereal in recipes! One of the recipes I use for dinner probably the most frequently is my recipe for Unfried Cornflake Chicken (I make this once every 2 weeks, it is so good!) Well, I can tell you that I’ll definitely be making these cookies again, they are Gluten Free and oh so crunchy and delicious! The perfect mix of peanut butter and dark chocolate.
- 2 Cups Crispy Rice or Rice Crispy Cereal, ground up to yield 1 cup
- 3/4 Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Peanut Butter or regular peanut butter would work
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 3 Tbs Vegetable shortening
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In the bowl of a stand mixer or by hand mixer beat the butter and vegetable shortening and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Combine the Gluten Free Flour and baking soda, then add it to the peanut butter mixture and stir. Add the cereal (I used a food processor to grind it up) to the mixture, and then with a wooden spoon mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by the spoon full onto a cookie sheet a few inches apart, and bake for 8-10 min. Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes, then transfer to a cookie cooling rack. They get a really nice crunch when they are cool and ready to eat!
The fun ingredients
Don’t they just look amazing, like you want to grab into the picture and eat one? I sure do!