For this weeks installment of Five Ingredient Friday there are Sour Cream and Chive Oven Fries…yum!
If you’ve ever visited Milwaukee and gone to a restaurant, you may have seen Sour Cream and Chive Fries on the menu, hopefully you ordered them and know what great flavors the pairing of sour cream and chives are. If not, try these immediately and fall in love!
This sour cream and chive fries recipe is made by combining olive oil, sour cream, chives, and sea salt and then coating sliced potatoes and baking them in the oven. The end result are flavorful crispy oven fries you’ll love for game day!
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Sour Cream I used reduced fat
- 2 Tbs Freeze Dried Chives can buy these in the spice isle at the grocery store
- 1 tsp True Life Sea Salt by True Botanica (or an herby sea salt) can be purchased at www.truebotanica.com or a sea salt with some herbs like parsley and oregano it in, McCormick makes an herb sea salt too
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes peeled, cleaned and cut
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the potatoes and combine well.
- Peel, clean, and cut the potatoes in strips, then add to the bowl and coat with sour cream and chive mixture.
- Arrange on the lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then peel the potatoes off the aluminum foil and enjoy (they need to rest for a few minutes on the aluminum foil so they form that nice crunchy exterior). Enjoy!