These easy-to-make Frankenstein cookies are the perfect thing to bring to any upcoming Halloween party you might be attending. Made with just a few ingredients, you’ll have Freaky Frankenstein cookies ready to spook your guests in no time!
Who doesn’t love a great Halloween party!? Seeing everyone dressed up is always entertaining. Seeing little kids trick or treating is especially fun, and we always love feeling like a kid and baking some themed treats.
What ingredients do you need for Frankenstein cookies?
- Sugar Cookie Mix
- Vanilla extract
- Green food color
Toppings for decorating:
- Black food frosting
- Brown and white sprinkles
Before we get into just how easy these cookies are to make, check out a quick snapshot of the process here:
If you’ve followed SweetPhi for awhile, you know Phi loves cooking with the kids in the kitchen and this is a great recipe for just that. They can help mix and decorate. It’s always fun to see the many faces of Frankenstein at the end.
These cookies couldn’t be easier. They are made with a sugar cookie base, some green food coloring and a whole lot of fun decorating! I used a store-bought bag of sugar cookie mix as a shortcut, but you could always use this recipe as an alternative option.
Once you get your cookie base and food coloring mixed up and ready to go, it’s time to create the Frankenstein shape. For this, all you really need to do is create a bit of a rectangular-log shape. Yes, that sounds like a little bit of a funny description, so there’s a picture below for you to see what we mean!
Up next, simply let the log chill, slice into little Frankenstein heads and pop them in the oven! If you’re looking for the best baking sheets, these baking sheets are by far her favorite.
Once the cookies are baked, it’s time to have some fun with decorations! You’ll want to wait until the cookies cool completely before decorating so the frosting doesn’t melt off.
If you want to get creative and have some fun with flavors, you could make these mint-flavored by adding a little mint extract and topping them with melted Andes creme de menthe candies.
Have some fun with these Frankenstein Cookies!
- 1 pouch Sugar Cookies Mix 1 lb, 1.5 oz
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 drops green food color
- Black food frosting
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave a stick of butter for 30 seconds. Next add egg, extracts, food color and stir together, then add the mix and flour and combine well.
- On a piece of plastic wrap lay out the dough in a row, wrap the plastic around it and form it into a square log. Put in the freezer for 30-45 minutes shaping the square log every 10-20 minutes if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Take log out of the freezer and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes and take out of the oven and allow to cool completely.
- With black frosting create decorations and facial expressions of Frankenstein and enjoy!