Quiche is a delicious savory dish made of a pie crust, egg-custard (usually with cheese) and fillings. It is super versatile (see graphic below for 5 Quiche recipes) and easy to make. This garden veggie quiche recipe is a vegetarian recipe you’ll be making again and again.
Whenever I have a hodge-podge of veggies in my fridge needing some extra TLC I make them into a quiche and am always pleasantly surprised at how good it is when it all comes together. This one being no exception, and since it was SO yummy and I just so happened to write down everything I put the quiche, I just had to share my recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche!
Here in Milwaukee we have had so much snow this winter and the only thing keeping me going is thoughts of Spring. This recipe definitely helped keep those thoughts (do a little happy dance- first official day of spring is this Thursday) at the forefront of my mind with its bright colors and fresh flavors!
My other thoughts on Quiche: ‘How do I love thee? Let me count the ways’ (line from Elizabeth Brownings Sonnet) because Quiche is:
- Super easy to make
- Can be made with many different ingredients
- A total ‘Comfort Food’
- Easy to make ahead & freezes/reheats well
- A dish that can be made super health (think egg-white quiche)
- Perfect for Potlucks or Parties
- Perfect for any meal (Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner … dare I say dessert quiche?)
Without further build up because this Quiche really doesn’t need any, here is the recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche:
Garden Veggie Quiche
- 1 Pie Crust store bought or homemade
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers Chopped
- 2 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 8-10 Slices Canadian Bacon chopped (can be left out if making it vegetarian)
- 1 Roma Tomato Chopped
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach Chopped
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Unroll Pie crust and line a deep dish pie dish with crust. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and press up sides with a fork.
- In a pan melt the butter, then saute the onions for 1 minute and then add the peppers and green onions and cook for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper, then add the canadian bacon, tomato and Spinach and cook for another 3 minutes, until the spinach has cooked down. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, 1 tbs flour and heavy cream (ok if a little lumpy). Add the shredded cheese into the egg mixture and stir.
- Next, combine the veggies and egg mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Fill pie crust with filling, place on top of a baking sheet (in case of spillage) and bake for 40 -50 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Make Ahead Freezer Meals Quiche Recipe
- Goat Cheese Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Mini Quiche Made With Kraft Fresh Take
Here are 5 amazing quiche recipes-do you have a favorite kind of Quiche?