Quiche is a delicious savory dish made of a pie crust, egg-custard (usually with cheese) and fillings. It is super versatile (see graphic below for 5 Quiche recipes) and easy to make. This garden veggie quiche recipe is a vegetarian recipe you’ll be making again and again.
Whenever I have a hodge-podge of veggies in my fridge needing some extra TLC I make them into a quiche and am always pleasantly surprised at how good it is when it all comes together. This one being no exception, and since it was SO yummy and I just so happened to write down everything I put the quiche, I just had to share my recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche!
Here in Milwaukee we have had so much snow this winter and the only thing keeping me going is thoughts of Spring. This recipe definitely helped keep those thoughts (do a little happy dance- first official day of spring is this Thursday) at the forefront of my mind with its bright colors and fresh flavors!
My other thoughts on Quiche: ‘How do I love thee? Let me count the ways’ (line from Elizabeth Brownings Sonnet) because Quiche is:
- Super easy to make
- Can be made with many different ingredients
- A total ‘Comfort Food’
- Easy to make ahead & freezes/reheats well
- A dish that can be made super health (think egg-white quiche)
- Perfect for Potlucks or Parties
- Perfect for any meal (Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner … dare I say dessert quiche?)
Without further build up because this Quiche really doesn’t need any, here is the recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche:
Garden Veggie Quiche
- 1 Pie Crust store bought or homemade
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers Chopped
- 2 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 8-10 Slices Canadian Bacon chopped (can be left out if making it vegetarian)
- 1 Roma Tomato Chopped
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach Chopped
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Unroll Pie crust and line a deep dish pie dish with crust. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and press up sides with a fork.
- In a pan melt the butter, then saute the onions for 1 minute and then add the peppers and green onions and cook for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper, then add the canadian bacon, tomato and Spinach and cook for another 3 minutes, until the spinach has cooked down. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, 1 tbs flour and heavy cream (ok if a little lumpy). Add the shredded cheese into the egg mixture and stir.
- Next, combine the veggies and egg mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Fill pie crust with filling, place on top of a baking sheet (in case of spillage) and bake for 40 -50 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Make Ahead Freezer Meals Quiche Recipe
- Goat Cheese Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Mini Quiche Made With Kraft Fresh Take
Here are 5 amazing quiche recipes-do you have a favorite kind of Quiche?
This is a big hit with my family!!
I’m so happy to hear this, thank you for sharing!!
Excellent recipe! So flavorful! Yum!!
Excellent recipe! So flavorful!
Can I make this with a frozen crust? My husband bought the crust frozen. How would you recommend doing it?
You can totally make this with a frozen crust 🙂
Will this work for a regular size pie crust or does it need to be a deep dish pie crust?
This will work for a regular size pie crust, but it will be very full (I’d make sure to put a pan under it to make sure it doesn’t go over the edges when baking, just in case.)
Hope you love this quiche!
Hi Sweetphi, do you have to wish the eggs, flour and cream till thick or just until well combined?
Just well combined will do 🙂
Can you make this with half and half milk?
Yes, you absolutely can!
Hey Sweetphi, I’m planning on making this amazing looking quiche for Christmas morning! Do you think I could let it sit in the fridge over night and bake it in the morning? Thank you!!!
Yes you most certainly could 🙂
Andrea Sheehan says
Can I let it sit in the half baked pie crust overnight? Or just in the mixing bowl and add to crust in the morning. I already baked the 7 min crust ?
Yes absolutely! Just put it in the fridge and you should be totally fine. I’d recommend keeping it in the bowl vs. in the pie crust, you don’t want the crust getting soggy or anything (even though I don’t think that will happen, I still don’t want to take chances) Hope you love this recipe 🙂
I made this last night and it was fantastic! 🙂
I’m so happy to hear that, I love a good veggie quiche!
Hi Sweetphi, this looks amazing, love quiche. Great ideas for other flavor combinations too!
Thanks for the awesome comment Cheri. Nice to know there are others that love quiche too!
Wanting to make for a wkend retreat, could I bake it half the time then finish it up with the rest of time the next day?
I’d recommend baking it fully ahead of time and then freezing, that way you can thaw/heat it for serving. I personally have never 1/2 baked it before.