Quiche is a delicious savory dish made of a pie crust, egg-custard (usually with cheese) and fillings. It is super versatile (see graphic below for 5 Quiche recipes) and easy to make. Whenever I have a hodge-podge of veggies in my fridge needing some extra TLC I make them into a quiche and am always pleasantly surprised at how good it is when it all comes together. This one being no exception, and since it was SO yummy and I just so happened to write down everything I put the quiche, I just had to share my recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche!
Here in Milwaukee we have had so much snow this winter and the only thing keeping me going is thoughts of Spring. This recipe definitely helped keep those thoughts (do a little happy dance- first official day of spring is this Thursday) at the forefront of my mind with its bright colors and fresh flavors!
My other thoughts on Quiche: ‘How do I love thee? Let me count the ways’ (line from Elizabeth Brownings Sonnet) because Quiche is:
- Super easy to make
- Can be made with many different ingredients
- A total ‘Comfort Food’
- Easy to make ahead & freezes/reheats well
- A dish that can be made super health (think egg-white quiche)
- Perfect for Potlucks or Parties
- Perfect for any meal (Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner … dare I say dessert quiche?)
Without further build up because this Quiche really doesn’t need any, here is the recipe for Garden Veggie Quiche:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
- Make Ahead Freezer Meals Quiche Recipe
- Goat Cheese Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Mini Quiche Made With Kraft Fresh Take
Here are 5 amazing quiche recipes-do you have a favorite kind of Quiche?