These gluten free mini galettes are made with just 5 ingredients, and make for the perfect dessert that everyone can enjoy (they’re especially perfect for a spring or summer dessert that uses fresh berries!)I’m so excited to share these mini galettes with you today. They’re so darn delicious, I could literally eat one every day and be eternally happy. The galette dough is made with two of my favorite baking flours – gluten-free 1 to 1 baking flour and almond flour – both of which are from Bob’s Red Mill (if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you know how much I completely love Bob’s Red Mill products, they’re so high quality and make cooking/baking recipes so successful – many of you have emailed me saying how much you loved this waffle bar post and how you tried the mix and loved it as much as I do!)
A galette is a term used in French cuisine to designate various types of free-form crusty dough. Any time I see free-form galettes, I always love how rustic they look. Simplicity at its finest.
These mini galettes come together in a flash with the help of a food processor for the dough. The dough is then shaped into four free form crusts which are piled high with fresh fruit. I used raspberries because I love the tartness of them, but you could certainly use any berries or combination of berries you’d like. The dough itself is so flaky and flavorful.
No one would ever have known these were gluten-free if I wouldn’t have mentioned it. Bob’s Red Mill gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour is to thank for that. Whenever I’m baking for my gluten-free friends, I always use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1. It’s so smooth (totally not gritty or weird like some other gluten-free flours) and I love that I can literally substitute it and use it in place of all-purpose flour. It’s pretty much incredible.
I’ve always loved mini desserts – not only are cute, but they’re great for serving at get togethers because everyone gets an individualized serving, so the question of ‘is there or isn’t there enough’ dessert never even gets brought up.
These gluten free 5 ingredient mini galettes (which are this week’s Five Ingredient Friday) really brings spring and summer to mind. I imagine sitting outside at a picnic table with friends, enjoying one of these mini galettes, perhaps with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. YUM!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Cranberry Walnut Crumb Dessert Bars
- Healthy Apple Cider Donuts with a Tahini Maple Glaze
- Gluten Free Lemon Cake (made with almond flour)
Gluten Free 5 Ingredient Mini Galettes
- 1/2 cup butter cold, cut into cubes (1 stick of butter)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons sugar divided
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
- 9 oz raspberries about 2 cups
- To make the crust, add butter, gluten free flour, almond flour and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a food processor and process until the dough resembles pea size pieces. With the processor running on low, drizzle in ice water one tablespoon at a time, stopping at 4 tablespoons to check the dough. The dough should be soft to the touch and come together when pressed between two fingers. If it is too dry, add a little more water.
- Turn dough - remove it from the food processor - and put it on a well-floured surface. Form it into a disc with your hands. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour, or freezer for half an hour.
- After the dough is done being chilled, unwrap it and place it onto a well floured surface and cut it into 4.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine raspberries and 2 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
- Form each dough quarter into a circle, then roll it out with a rolling pin and set it on the prepared baking sheet, repeat with each dough quarter.
- Spoon a quarter of the raspberries (about 1/2 cup for each galette) into the center of each dough circle, and fold the edges over, about 1/2 an inch-to an inch, pressing as you fold. When all four galettes are formed, bake for 30 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Thank you to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog possible. Be sure to check out BobsRedMill.com for more delicious healthy recipes, coupons and to find stores carrying products near you.