- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup plus 2 Tbs Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 10 Tbs Unsalted butter melted
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450. In a bowl combine flours and sugar. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or by hand whip egg whites and salt until the top of the egg whites are frothy. Gently fold egg whites into flours. Fold in the egg yolk and vanilla, then add the melted butter, fold it in...it will be a loose batter. Spray the cups of a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into cups. Gently press a raspberry into each up, don't push them too far or they will sink.
- Bake for 10 minutes, let cool for another 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack and enjoy warm or cold.
I’ve blogged about my awesome book club (click here and here for the posts) and this month we are reading Lunch in Paris: A Love Story with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard that has wonderful recipes at the end of each chapter, and when I got to this one I just HAD to make it. I substituted the regular flour for gluten free flour and they turned out great! Mini Almond Cakes Ingredients
Right before baking
Out of the oven-they spilled over a little Ready to be enjoyed!
I had the pleasure of trying these – they are fantastic 🙂
Yay! Glad you liked them 🙂