This healthy crockpot turmeric chicken & potatoes recipe is one of my favorite dinners to make. It’s super healthy and has so many amazing health benefits because of the turmeric.
This turmeric chicken dinner recipe can be made ahead and just put in the slow cooker when you’re ready and then ‘set and forget’, and my whole family (including the kids) love this dish.
I feel like I’m always reading about health benefits of turmeric.
While I’m not quite ready to drink a turmeric latte on the regular (I keep trying them, but I haven’t found one that masks the earthy turmeric taste yet), I have been using the spice for savory dishes for years. And have known about it for years for its medicinal qualities.
For a long time, I helped run a dietary supplement company (True Botanica) and one of our amazing products is actually a turmeric product called Curcumin Plus (curcumin is the active ingredient of turmeric, known for its anti-inflammatory properties).
What are some turmeric benefits?
- It has natural anti-inflammatory properties
- It is a great source of antioxidants
- It is a natural mood-booster
There are literally tens of thousands of articles saying how amazing turmeric is. Since this is a recipe post, I’ll get back to describing how to make a meal with turmeric.
Since I’m a busy working Mom, I typically don’t have long to make dinner in the evenings, because I want to spend that time with my family. So what I like to do is either make something ahead that I can just reheat (like this make ahead quiche recipe) or prep something that I can then just put into the slow cooker the next day. I went all out and am sharing a picture of what’s meal prepped in my fridge for the week ahead.
That is exactly what I do with this healthy Crockpot turmeric chicken and potatoes recipe. I prep it the night before, let it marinate in the fridge and then the next day or a few days later (the chicken and vegetables can sit in the marinade for a few days; it builds flavor) I just empty the contents of the bag into a slow cooker on my way out the door. Then I come home to a delicious meal!
My son, Ben, loved this dish. He literally steals the potatoes off my plate when we eat this. And if I’m feeding it to him with other things, he will push aside the other things on his plate and go straight for the turmeric potato pieces!
Next time you’re in the mood for a delicious, easy, healthy slow cooker chicken recipe, look no further than this turmeric chicken vegetables and potatoes!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- Slow Cooker Fire Roasted Tomato Pot Roast
- 5 Ingredient Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and Quinoa
Crockpot Turmeric Chicken & Potatoes
- 1/4 cup yogurt can use plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb chicken breasts 3 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips (I used an orange bell pepper)
- 1 lb green beans ends trimmed
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- cilantro for garnish - optional
- In a gallon ziploc bag add yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, turmeric, garlic salt, salt, curry powder, ginger and garlic, stir inside the bag or massage with hands to mix. Then add in chicken breasts, bell pepper, and green beans.
- Seal the bag and shake it around so that the marinade covers the contents of the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 72 hours.
- When ready to cook, pour contents of the bag into a slow cooker/crockpot and add a pound of baby potatoes, stir once or twice, set on low for 6 hours or 3 hours on high.