After having a version of this chicken green goddess Cobb salad at Panera, I just had to make it at home, and fell so in love with this salad recipe that we’ve been eating this healthy and filling grilled chicken green goddess Cobb salad on repeat!
This salad recipe was inspired by one I originally had at Panera. I feel like the Panera menu changes frequently – or at least it used to – so I am always finding myself craving some of the favorite menu items I’ve had their before.
Often, I find that salads just don’t keep me full long enough, but this grilled chicken green goddess Cobb salad is super filling and a great healthy meal option.
So if you’re looking for a healthy and filling salad, this is one I’d highly recommend.
I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Panera actually shared the recipe for their green goddess salad dressing. I followed the recipe blindly, only afterwards to see that it yields 2 cups of dressing! That’s more than most dressing containers lol, so I’ve paired the recipe down for you below.
How do you make the grilled chicken for this salad?
- Simple marinate them in a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt/pepper/oregano. It’s that simple!
What about the eggs and bacon?
- The bacon can be baked or cooked in the microwave or on the stove top – whichever method you prefer.
- The eggs in this salad are hard boiled at 8 minutes, and they’re perfect!
Now it’s time to assemble the salad – Mix salad, bacon, avocado, grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs and top it with green goddess dressing, and you’ve got yourself one delicious healthy and filling green goddess Cobb salad!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Grilled Chicken Green Goddess Cobb Salad
For the salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise I use low fat or fat free
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 ounce fresh basil leaves finely chopped (about a small handful)
- 1 teaspoon shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch kosher salt & coarse black pepper
For the grilled chicken:
- 4 each chicken breasts 4-5 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- pinch salt & pepper
For the salad:
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 8 cups greens spring mix
- 1 avocado
To make the salad dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you want a chunkier dressing, you can whisk all ingredients by hand.
To make the grilled chicken:
- Combine the chicken, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning in a sealable bag or container. Let marinate for 1/2 an hour up to 24 hours.
- Grill on high until chicken is cooked through.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
To make the hard boiled eggs:
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, when water is boiling, carefully lower eggs in. Cook for 8 minutes, then run under cold water. Peel eggs and cut into 4.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Let cool on a paper towel lined plate to soak up the grease. Cut or crumble into pieces.
To assemble the salad:
- Divide lettuce into 4 (each salad gets 2 cups), top with 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced and 1 hard boiled egg (or 4 pieces if you've quartered the hard boiled eggs already). Then divide the avocado into 4 and top each salad with 1/4 of the avocado, and 1/4 of the bacon. Top each salad with a generous 2-3 tablespoons of salad dressing and enjoy
This recipe turned out perfectly. I made some homemade pickled red onions to go on this salad instead of the avacado and it added a nice kick.
I’m so glad you liked this!! That sounds amazing about adding pickled red onions, I’m going to have to try that!!