Whenever you’re looking for a super quick dinner recipe everyone in the family is going to love, this healthy instant pot spaghetti and meat sauce is the recipe you’ll want to use!
I don’t know many people that can pass up a good old bowl of spaghetti and meat sauce. So, when you’re short on time, you can always rely on your trusty Instant Pot to come to the rescue!
Lately, life has been insanely busy. Work days stretch for 10+ hours and by the time I get home, I feel dead. But I’m really trying to cook healthier and nutritious meals for us.
Enter this amazing instant pot spaghetti and meat sauce. It comes together in a flash, and is all made in one pot! So yaaaaay for one pot meals, am I right?
I was so skeptical when I found out that one could make spaghetti in an instant pot.
My husband was also skeptical. He said “isn’t it just going to turn into one big clump?”
So I nervously followed the instructions and hoped for the best. The thing with an instant pot is that once it’s going, you can’t open the lid and mess around with what’s inside, it’s literally set it and forget it!
As soon as I heard the beep of the Instant Pot telling me the cook time was done, I opened the lid, gave the pasta and meat sauce a stir, and oh my goodness, it was perfection!
Pasta cooked to perfection, with meat sauce, all in one pot!! It was so easy and so amazing to make. Since first reading about this recipe in the One and Done Cookbook (I shared this recipe for carne asada fries from the same cookbook) I’ve made this spaghetti and meat sauce 3 weeks in a row.
If you’ve ever asked yourself “can I make pasta in an instant pot?” or “how to make spaghetti in an instant pot?” this recipe is calling your name, because it can be done (and its super easy!)
What’s amazing about this healthy instant pot recipe is not only how quick it cooks or that it’s all done in one pot…but that it’s so versatile and delicious…while still being healthy (401 calories per serving!) If you don’t have ground turkey on hand, you could substitute it with ground beef or ground chicken!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- 5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken & Whole Wheat Spaghetti
Healthy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 25.25-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti wheat or gluten-free, broken in half)
- Optional: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- press the saute button on an Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker). When hot, add ground turkey and salt and brown the meat, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces as it cooks, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, 2 cups water, and the spaghetti, making sure the liquid covers everything. Do not stir, as space will be tight.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes, until the pasta and sauce is cooked. Quick release, then open when the pressure subsides. Serve right away, topped with Parmesan, if desired.