An easy baked chicken dinner made on one sheet pan? Sign me up! This hot honey baked chicken sheet pan dinner with roasted broccoli and potatoes is such a great easy family meal to make, you’ll be making it on repeat!
We eat a lot of chicken at our house and this dish is quickly rising to the top of my favorites list. I love things that are a little bit sweet and spicy (as evidence by my blog posts for these turkey sloppy joes and these awesome beef kabobs) but I also looooove meals that can be made on one sheet pan (like this sheet pan pork chops with sweet potatoes dinner!)
With sheet pan meals, you just put everything on one sheet pan (baking sheet) and you’re good to go, I love the easy clean up!
I first came across this recipe in one of my meal delivery boxes (see here for my comparison of meal delivery services.) I’ve tweaked the recipe a bit to work best for our family and for you hopefully! The original recipe came from a Hello Fresh box in case you’re curious.
I’m all about making recipes as easy as possible, so I tried to cook most of this on one pan. I simply put the broccoli, chicken and potato on one sheet pan. Drizzle olive on everything and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
My personal favorite part of this dish is the hot honey – YUM! It’s so simple to make and you can use it on all sorts of things. All you need to do is add red pepper flakes to honey and viola, you have yourself homemade hot honey (which is soooo perfect for baked chicken!)
The crispy baked chicken is achieved by adding a little sour cream on top of the chicken and sprinkling some Panko bread crumbs on top. The chicken is tender and is served alongside baked potatoes and broccoli.
This hot honey baked chicken sheet pan dinner recipe is a perfect meal to make on those busy nights, and your whole family will love the amazing flavors, so add the ingredients to your shopping list and make this meal asap!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Freezer Meal
- Quick and Easy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Hot Honey Baked Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet + smokey barbecue seasoning
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot honey 1 Tbs honey and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt 1 tbsp butter, approximately 30-45 seconds. Stir in 1 tbsp olive oil, bbq seasoning, and a large pinch of salt. Add panko and stir again until combined.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast on baking sheet and spread sour cream on top of chicken breasts. Sprinkle panko mixture on top, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the underside).
- Place broccoli and potatoes on the baking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil over everything on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork and chicken is no longer pink in the center; about 25-30 minutes minutes. Toss potatoes halfway through (at around 15 minutes).
- Make hot honey. Simply combine 1 tbs. honey and 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes.
- Divide chicken, potatoes and broccoli between plates. Drizzle chicken with hot honey, to taste.