Today I’m going to show you how to make a margarita bar. You’ll only need a few ingredients to create classic margaritas (lime), pineapple margaritas and raspberry margaritas. Margarita perfection awaits!
If you’re planning a Cinco de Mayo party, or any festive occasion, a margarita bar is a great idea! What party would be complete without a great cocktail?
Margaritas hold a special place in my heart. The first date my husband and I ever went on was to a Mexican restaurant with really great margaritas. A few years ago when I was really in the mood for some margaritas and chips we went to the same restaurant we went on our first date we were talking about my love for margaritas, he suggested I do a tutorial on how to make a margarita bar. I have a post for how to make a mimosa bar and people love it, so let’s do it again with margaritas!
So clearly, at this point you know I’m a huge margarita fan! But I am not a fan of frozen slushy type margaritas where the only thing one can taste is a margarita mix. I’m a fan of a classic margaritas on the rocks. Margaritas with fresh juice and delicious tequila!
To make a margarita bar you’ll need:
- Margarita glasses (I purchased these disposable margarita glasses)
- Carafes for juice (I purchased these disposable carafes)
- Ice cubes
- Fresh fruit juice (fresh squeezed limes, pineapple juice, and raspberry simple syrup)
- Fresh fruit slices for garnish (I had lime slices, pineapple chunks, and fresh raspberries)
- Triple sec liqueur
- Tequila (I like using a good agave tequila)
- Kosher salt for the rim of the glass (optional, I forgot I had purchased salt and forgot about it, the margaritas were still delish!)
The disposable margarita glasses are perfect for if you’re having a party, you can just throw them out when you’re done! And the carafes are perfect for displaying the different juices, but if you don’t have them, you could certainly just set out the different juices.
Set all the ingredients on a table and then guests can choose which flavor margarita they’d like. They’ll take a glass, fill it with ice cubes, pour in a little tequila, a dash of triple sec, and then finish it with their juice of choice, and voila, everyone has a unique margarita!
These margaritas would be perfect served with some Mexican food at a Cinco de Mayo party or any other fiesta or party where you need some delicious cocktails!
If you’re ever short on time, you could always make margaritas made with jam (jamaritas), another delicious easy margarita recipe.
How To Make A Margarita Bar
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice about 10-12 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry simple syrup equal parts seedless raspberry jam and water
- Triple sec
- Kosher salt optional
- Start by making the raspberry simple syrup (this can be made the day before). In a sauce pan place equal parts seedless raspberry jam and water (3/4 cup of each) and bring to a slow boil and reduce heat while stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and continue stirring, make sure there are no solid parts of jam remaining.
- To make the margaritas put ice cubes in a glass. Pour 2 oz. tequila, 1 oz. triple sec, 2 oz. juice; stir and serve (you could also put ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake and pour into a glass and serve.)