Today I’m going to show you how to make a margarita bar. You’ll only need a few ingredients to create classic margaritas (lime), pineapple margaritas and raspberry margaritas. Margarita perfection awaits!
Continuing on the celebrations from my Cinco de Mayo party we’re talking all about margaritas today, because what party would be complete without a cocktail? And of course since it was a Cinco party, the signature cocktail had to be margaritas.
Margaritas hold a special place in my heart. The first date my husband and I ever went on was to a Mexican restaurant with really good margaritas. A few weeks ago when I was really in the mood for some margaritas and chips we went to the same restaurant and as we were talking
I was professing my love for margaritas he suggested I do a tutorial on how to make a margarita bar, just like I had done for my how to make a mimosa bar tutorial. Genius! I knew I married him for a reason haha.
So clearly, at this point you know I’m a huge margarita fan! But unlike some, I’m not a fan of frozen slushy type margaritas where the only thing one can taste is a margarita mix. I’m a fan of a classic margaritas on the rocks. Margaritas with fresh juice and delicious tequila!
To make a margarita bar you’ll need:
- Margarita glasses (I purchased these disposable margarita glasses)
- Carafes for juice (I purchased these disposable carafes)
- Ice cubes
- Fresh fruit juice (fresh squeezed limes, pineapple juice, and raspberry simple syrup)
- Fresh fruit slices for garnish (I had lime slices, pineapple chunks, and fresh raspberries)
- Triple sec liqueur
- Tequila (I like using a good agave tequila)
- Kosher salt for the rim of the glass (optional, I forgot I had purchased salt and forgot about it, the margaritas were still delish!)
The disposable margarita glasses are perfect for if you’re having a party, you can just throw them out when you’re done! And the carafes are perfect for displaying the different juices, but if you don’t have them, you could certainly just set out the different juices.
Set all the ingredients on a table and then guests can choose which flavor margarita they’d like. They’ll take a glass, fill it with ice cubes, pour in a little tequila, a dash of triple sec, and then finish it with their juice of choice, and voila, everyone has a unique margarita!
These margaritas would be perfect served with some Mexican food at a Cinco de Mayo party or any other fiesta or party where you need some delicious cocktails!
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice about 10-12 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry simple syrup equal parts seedless raspberry jam and water
- Triple sec
- kosher salt optional
- Start by making the raspberry simple syrup (this can be made the day before). In a sauce pan place equal parts seedless raspberry jam and water (3/4 cup of each) and bring to a slow boil and reduce heat while stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and continue stirring, make sure there are no solid parts of jam remaining.
- To make the margaritas put ice cubes in a glass, pour 2 oz tequila, 1 oz triple sec, 2 oz juice , stir and serve (you could also put ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake and pour into a glass and serve.)
[Tweet “Learn how to make a margarita bar with this tutorial from @sweetphi”]