In this week’s Love List, the SweetPhi team is sharing some of the preparation for back to school time and a fun tip in case you wind up with a sick kid just as soon as school starts.
- This week is all about prepping for back to school. This is Ben’s first official year of ‘school’ (pre-K). I got him school bus jammies! and the twins get ABC jammies.
- There’s a German tradition where on the first day of school, kids get a cone filled with little gifts, called a Schultüte (“school cone”). My mom always did this for us, and since Ben is starting school, I’m going to make one for him!! If you want to read more about why kids get a cone, you can here. I’m going to make one, but you can also buy them – beautiful school cones via Etsy.
- I’m not crying over here, you are Dear Kindergartener, I Could Not Love You More.
- Not school related: I just got this $7 item to bring some sparkle back into my life
- I ran across this post on Facebook a little while back and am keeping it on file for the next time I have a sick kid! I’m looking around for tents now and am liking this one because it glows in the dark!
- Looking forward to reading this book that I saw recommended by Reese Witherspoon (and her book club). Sounds like a perfect thriller to keep me up way too late at night!
- Got targeted by this company and just think it’s so cute!
- I think I’ve shared this before but sharing again because I bought my first pair of glasses from them and I LOVE them! The process was so easy to purchase them and I would definitely order from them again. I ended up buying this pair!
- Waffles are one of my favorite thing to eat and I just got this Belgian waffle maker!
- I love a good scrunchie and I just saw these and I think they are gorgeous! These hair ties are also my new favorite; I saw them at a baby shower and got my own after that!
- I always tell myself I need to stretch more or take more breaks when I’m working from home so this list was perfect when I saw it!
The Team’s Favorite – Gas Station Snack
If you’re taking any last minute road trips before school starts, we’re sharing the snack we always grab when we’re at the gas station.
- I always go for SmartWater at gas stations. And when I’m looking for a snack, I want dark chocolate dipped pretzels and I love Cheetos!!
- Cheddar Chex Mix. I think this is the perfect mixture of yummy snack bites. I usually pick this up, along with something sweet to balance out this salty snack. Yum!
- I always look for these bars at gas stations, they’re one my favorites and are a healthy option on the go! I also look for these pickles (another easy snack and I love pickles!) and if I need something to drink I look for this kind of flavored water!