Mother’s Day is just around the corners and, like so many other things, I bet we’re all thinking of creative ways to celebrate since we can’t all be together with our loved ones. So, for whomever you call Mom in your life, I’ve put together a few fun, and affordable, Mother’s Day gift ideas.
- I’ve talked about this before, but absolutely love this necklace. Now, I splurged on mine, but my friend has one that looks exactly the same from a maker on Etsy. This gift is great for a new Mom in your life or even a friend. Pick any letters you’d like! And if this isn’t your Mom’s style, there are plenty of makers with amazing gifts all over Etsy.
- Who doesn’t love a gift you can eat, right!? During quarantine, we’ve ordered from Braise (a local restaurant) a few times and have absolutely loved their meal kits (where you cook a meal and they provide all the ingredients). Since you can’t do brunch your Mom, now it a great time to try their Breakfast Box. Obviously, if your’e not local to Milwaukee, find your Mom’s favorite place to eat and order a carry out basket.
- My in-laws have made a few meals and brought them over and dropped them off on our doorstep, oh my goodness, best gift ever to not have to cook (so I would definitely recommend making a moms favorite meal and bringing it all cooked over.)
- Or, you could get Mom a meal kit delivery subscription (check out this meal delivery for new moms post) – my favorite is Home Chef, I’d recommend getting a box and making a meal (or two) for mom!
- A classic Mother’s Day gift that never gets old. Beautiful, Spring flowers would be a welcome addition to cheer any Mom up these days. If you are gifting to someone locally, I would call and order from your favorite local florist to support a small business.
- Otherwise, my favorite option for online floral orders is Flowers for Dreams. You can send plants or flowers, which is great to have that option (they have super cute DIY kits!). They currently delivery in Milwaukee, Chicago and Detroit areas.
- If you’re looking for gorgeous flowers delivered nationwide, my favorite is Farm Girl Flowers!
- Wine is always a good choice for Moms, but I know plenty of Mamas out there who enjoy a delicious beer! What about going to your favorite brewery, filling up a growler and dropping it for your Mom. If you’re not local, go the wine route and have a bottle (or case!) delivered to her doorstep.
- Not a beer or wine drinker? No problem. Plenty of places are offering cocktail kits, including everything you need to craft up an at-home cocktail. Some of my favorite to-go beverage options are in this article.
- Lately, not gonna lie, coffee is my drink of choice!! I’d recommend ordering a bag of coffee beans from your favorite coffee shop for Mom
- Since we’re all living in comfortable clothes these days, this is a perfect quarantine gift for local Milwaukee Moms! I found this adorable comfy sweatshirt at a local Milwaukee shop.
- If you’re not in Milwaukee, there are a lot of adorable Mom gear out there – I like this one and this one and this mama tshirt – so cute!
- There is a great print shop here in Milwaukee called Bay View Printing. I’ve recently discovered some of their awesome, handmade goods available in their gift shop. One thing one of my friends is doing during quarantine is committing to hand writing more letters to loved ones. So that inspired this gift idea. I love the idea of giving custom stationary as a gift.
- Since we’re all stretching our creativity, I’ve seen a lot of outdoor celebratory decor happening. I love this for Moms! Head on over to her yard and get to decorating! Even better if you do it in the dark of night, so the neighbors wonder what’s up, haha. You don’t even have to go to the store, if you have basic craft supplies at home, you can craft up giant paper flowers to stick in her yard. Add a sign or balloon and make sure she peaks at the window in the morning!
- Or, you can always do a drive-by parade and honk your horn. If you have kids, they might have tons of fun sticking their head out the window to yell to Grandma!
- If you’re looking for a local option, I’d definitely recommend checking out an independent book store to see what they’re offering. Many are doing free or low cost delivery and have some neat offerings (like books and puzzles/games/etc.) Our local independent book store in Milwaukee is Boswell Books.
- I love Audible (Amazon’s book listening service) it’s just amazing. A great gift would be an Audible gift certificate for Mom