These naturally sweet no bake coconut date energy bites are sweet little bites of absolute deliciousness, and just so happen to be gluten free, vegan and whole30 compliant!
I am sharing these no bake energy bites for this week’s Five Ingredient Friday (the series wherein I share a 5 ingredient recipe on Fridays.)
I think I’m really getting the hang of making energy bites. I made oatmeal cookie energy bites and loved them so much, that I wanted to keep making different kinds of energy bites!
These energy bites are naturally sweetened by the dates and contain no sugar – and to be honest, after making these delicious energy bites, I’m putting it out there that I don’t even miss a version of energy bites that include sugar, because these are rock stars all by themselves!!
Here are some tips to making the best ever no bake energy bites:
- Use a good food processor. I use this food processor, it really makes a difference texturally
- Process the nuts first, then add in the dates and other ingredients
- Use a cookie scoop to make even size balls, then roll with hands
- Fun little cupcake liners make the energy bites super enjoyable (we eat with our eyes too, right? And how cute are these?)
- Let your energy balls refrigerate for an hour or over night (and store in the fridge) this will allow them to come together
- Feel free to roll your energy bites in coconut flakes or sesame seeds or even sprinkles!
While making and enjoying these coconut energy bites I have been listening to books through audible.com (audio books through Amazon, currently just finished listening to Home Fire which was incredible – one of the best books I’ve listened to).
I love reading but have been reading books at a slower pace then I’d ideally like so listening to books on my way to and from work (which is a good 30 min plus each way) and while I cook has been so amazing. I’m always looking for recommendations – what are some of your favorite books?
Need a naturally sweet snack that gives you natural energy? Look no further! These energy bites are perfect for meal prepping – I make them over and over again, because they’re super delicious (and husband approved): below they’re pictured and I made 5 ingredient Hawaiian chicken and rice bowls, the best ground turkey tacos and the whole bowl with tali sauce – a favorite vegetarian dish)
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites
- 3 Ingredient chocolate hazelnut date energy bites
- Gluten Free Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
No Bake Coconut Date Energy Bites
- Put cashews in a food processor and pulsate for 10 seconds.
- Add pitted dates, 1/4 cup coconut flakes, 1 tbs coconut oil and water (and vanilla extract if using). Process for a minute or until the mixture comes together and no big nuts or dates remain.
- With a tablespoon scoop or a spoon scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll in between hands to form a ball.
- Put remaining shredded coconut in a bowl, and then roll the ball in the coconut. Place ball in a mini muffin liner and refrigerate for an hour and then serve.Store in refrigerator.