This one pan vegetarian dumpling stir fry recipe is the perfect dish to make when you’re short on time and want an incredibly delicious dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Whenever I go to an Asian food restaurant and they have dumplings or potsickers on the menu, I always order them. They’re just so yummy and I love dipping them in the sauce that comes with them. However, I always feel bad for my vegetarian friends (or sister who is vegetarian) who cannot enjoy them, because they’re always filled with meat.
Well, I just discovered the most amazing vegetarian dumplings ever! As I was buying tofu to make my 5 ingredient vegetarian sushi bowls (a quick lunch I make ALL the time) these tofu dumplings caught my eye. When I picked them up, I was not surprised that they are made by my favorite tofu product company: Nasoya Tofu.
I got them to try, and you guys: these vegetarian tofu dumplings are incredible!
Seriously, the first time I made them I just cooked them in a pan with a little oil and then dipped them in some soy sauce. And that’s it – I ate that as an entire meal. They’re addictively good!
What ingredients do you need to make this dumpling stir fry?
- Green beans
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Brown sugar
- Dumplings (can be tofu/vegetarian or any kind of dumplings work!)
This one pan vegetarian dumpling stir fry comes together in a flash. All you do is cook some green beans and carrots in a pan, add in the dumplings and a stir fry sauce and in under 30 minutes you have yourself a delicious dinner.
Best of all, cleanup is a breeze because everything cooks in one pan – and it’s not one of those things where you take ingredients out of the dish to rest while you cook something else in the pan and then add it back. Nope, it’s all in one pan, you add ingredients as you go.
So the next time you’re in need of an amazing vegetarian dish, I’d highly recommend this one pan dumpling stir fry, you’ll thank me after making it!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Vegan Vegetarian Meatballs
- Vegetarian Sheet Pan Dinner (Mexican Kale Salad)
- Vegetarian Sandwich Recipe
Note: this post was originally published in 2017 and updated 2021
One Pan Vegetarian Dumpling Stir Fry
- The Always Pan
- 12 oz. green beans ends trimmed
- 3-4 carrots medium-large and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ cup water divided
- 2 cloves garlic crushed/minced
- 1 thumb ginger 1 inch, fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 packages Nasoya Tofu Dumplings 9 oz. each
- Trim ends off of green beans and cut into 2 inch pieces. Peel and cut carrots into rounds.
- Add oil to a 3 quart pan with a lid over high heat, add green beans and carrots, and cook for 2 minutes, then add ¼ cup of water and put the lid on, and cook until tender (about 4 more minutes).
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, and remaining ¼ cup of water and set aside.
- When the green beans and carrots have become tender, remove lid, and add garlic, ginger, and the dumplings to the pan, sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the dumplings become a little brown, and then add the sauce into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, until the sauce has coated the dumplings and vegetables and has reduced a bit. Remove from heat, let rest a few minutes, then serve and enjoy!
This post is brought to you by my partnership with Nasoya. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting the brands that make the SweetPhi blog possible.