If you’re looking for the most delicious homemade granola recipe, look no further! These peanut butter banana chocolate chip granola bars are one of the best ways to make granola bars at home. Plus, I’m sharing a few more of my favorite road trip snacks for any adventures you might have coming up!
I love homemade granola bars. I love combining different ingredients and the hearty flavors that one can create at home. Anyone who has ever made granola bars at home will tell you that they are 10 times better than anything one could image buying at the store.
What ingredients are used in these homemade chocolate chip granola bar?
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Crispy rice cereal
- Brown sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Walnut halves/pieces
- Dried cranberries
Granola bar making is truly an art. With these granola bars, I think I have perfected the art of the perfect recipe. You want the right taste, the right texture, the right ingredients.
These chocolate chip granola bars are chewy (no more breaking of teeth trying to take a bite, I like to use bananas and mash them with a fork), they have a little crunch (from the crispy rice cereal used) and they have the perfect balance of sweet and tart (from the chocolate chips and dried cranberries). This recipe is always the one I choose to make for road trips – or snack time any day!
The next time you’re looking for the most delicious homemade granola bars, look no further than these peanut butter banana chocolate chip granola bars!
Oh, but if you still need more inspiration for snack time, below are a bunch of great, healthy options you can get through Instacart (along with all of the ingredients for the granola bars). You’ll be all set for your summer road trip or to stock up the snack section of your pantry.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Nutella Bars
- Almond Butter Date Pepita Granola Bars Recipe
- Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 bananas ripe and mashed
- 2 Tablespoons honey I use Clover honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup oats rolled oats, quick cooking
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnut halves/pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries you could also used dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl microwave peanut butter, honey and vanilla for 30 seconds.
- In another bowl mash bananas with a fork.
- Combine bananas and peanut butter mixture and stir, then add in the brown sugar and stir.
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine, it may be a little hard to stir. I like to fold the ingredients together (folding under and over with a spatula).
- When everything is mixed together spread it into the prepared baking dish and flatten the top so that it is even.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, you may need to bake for a few more minutes (I've had to bake these all the way up to 30 minutes one time).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then, using a sharp knife cut into 20 bars.
- These granola bars store really well in the freezer. Simply individually wrap them in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag and remove when ready to enjoy, or store in an air tight container in the fridge.