This weeks Five Ingredient Friday recipe for perfectly roasted rainbow potatoes is a super easy and delicious method for roasting potatoes, but I’ve also used the exact same recipe to roast any vegetable (think carrots, parsnips, cauliflower…any vegetable that one would roast!)
It all starts with good potatoes, and I just so happened to get mine from the Milwaukee County Winter Farmers Market from Butter Mountain Farm who grows specialty potatoes. The cool thing about the Milwaukee Winters Farmers Market is that it is held in the Mitchell Park Conservatory that are horticultural domes (think dome shaped botanical green houses that one can walk through). Only downside-it was super crowded, but when I think about it, that’s actually a good thing because I want all the wonderful farmers to have lots of business! Here’s a picture of my hubby and I in the Tropical done, and a picture of the beautiful rainbow potatoes!
This dish is so easy to make-clean and cut the potatoes, toss them in a combination of olive oil,garlic, lemon zest, and salt, bake and then sprinkle with some chopped cilantro and viola, you have yourself perfectly roasted potatoes!
As I said, I’ve made this recipe countless times! It is so easy and highlights the flavors of the vegetable you’re roasting. The garlic, the zest of the lemon…yum!
- 2 lbs Rainbow Fingerling Potatoes cleaned and halved
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Clean and half potatoes and put in a bowl. Over the potatoes add the lemon zest, olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and salt, toss so that all the potatoes are covered.
- Evenly spoon out potatoes on the lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, turn over, then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro and serve.