O.M.G. these brownies! They are seriously so delicious. Raspberry cream cheese swirl brownies are my new go-to treat for anytime I’m craving the perfect balance of rich, decadent chocolate, creamy goodness and a touch of fruit.
Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I’m using this recipe to whip up some treats for friends and, of course, for Nick and I (and I’m sure Ben will sneak some too!).
To make them extra cute for the holidays, grab a heart-shaped cookie cutter and make a few heart-shaped brownies. The raspberry swirl gives them that festive Valentine’s Day touch.
I love giving gifts that people can eat, so a few months ago I created a recipe for red wine brownies in a jar. These brownies use the same base as the red wine brownies, but get an added touch of delicious-ness with cream cheese and raspberry jam. If you’re feeling extra ambitious, you can even make your own jam from scratch. I didn’t have fresh raspberries on hand, so I used raspberry jam and it was perfect.
Once you make the brownie base and pour it into the pan, you simply dollop the cream cheese mixture on top and lightly swirl in one direction. Next, dollop the jam and swirl in the opposite direction. If you over-swirl, you will loose the beautiful almost art-like topping to these brownies (they still taste amazing so don’t worry)!
Once you’re happy with your swirl, throw them in the oven to bake.
After waiting, remove from the oven, let cool, slice and enjoy! This part is the trickiest because the smell in your kitchen will be so yummy it’ll be hard to resist!
Next time you’re in the mood for a decadent dessert, make these raspberry cream cheese swirl brownies!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Zucchini Raspberry Cake Roll
- Red Wine Brownies in a Jar
- 5 Ingredient Chewy Brownie Cookies
Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- For brownies:
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs at room temp
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 oz. or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- For cream cheese swirl:
- 2 oz. cream cheese ¼ block, softened in microwave (approx 30 seconds)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup jam
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a square 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter for 30 seconds. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat butter first, then beat in the vanilla extract and eggs. This step doesn't look pretty, but the end result is delicious!)
- Stir in dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar) and mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking dish. Set aside and prepare cream cheese mixture.
- For cream cheese swirl, soften 2 oz. (about 1/4 block) cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and flour.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture on top of brownies and swirl slightly with a knife. Dollop jam in opposite spots and swirl in opposite direction.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, remove parchment paper from pan, slice brownies and enjoy!