O.M.G. these brownies! They are seriously so delicious. Raspberry cream cheese swirl brownies are our new go-to treat for anytime you might be craving the perfect balance of rich, decadent chocolate, creamy goodness and a touch of fruit.
This recipe is a great treat for Valentine’s Day (reminder – that’s coming right up!) or anytime you want to give your husband, sister, friend – or anyone – a decadent treat!
What ingredients do you need to make raspberry brownies?
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the cream cheese swirl:
- Cream cheese
- Egg yolk
- Raspberry jam
If you’re making these for Valentine’s Day (10 out of 10 recommend that!), to make them extra cute, grab a heart-shaped cookie cutter and make a few heart-shaped brownies. The raspberry swirl gives them that festive Valentine’s Day touch.
Giving gifts that people can eat is the best, so if you’re looking for another great food gift, check out these red wine brownies in a jar. These swirl brownies use the same base as the red wine brownies, but get an added touch of delicious-ness with cream cheese and raspberry jam.
And, if you’re feeling extra ambitious, you can even make your own jam from scratch. But raspberry jam works great as well!
Once you make the brownie base and pour it into the pan, you simply dollop the cream cheese mixture on top and lightly swirl in one direction. Next, dollop the jam and swirl in the opposite direction.
How to you keep the swirl in these brownies?
- Make sure not to over-swirl! If you do, you will lose the beautiful, art-like topping to these brownies. But, don’t worry, they will still taste amazing!
Once you’re happy with your swirl, throw them in the oven to bake.
Once baked, remove from the oven, let cool, slice and enjoy! This part is the trickiest because the smell in your kitchen will be so yummy it’ll be hard to resist!
Next time you’re in the mood for a decadent dessert, make these raspberry cream cheese swirl brownies!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
For the Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs at room temp
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
For the Cream Cheese Swirl
- 2 oz. cream cheese ¼ block, softened in microwave (approx 30 seconds)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup jam
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a square 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter for 30 seconds. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat butter first, then beat in the vanilla extract and eggs. This step doesn't look pretty, but the end result is delicious!)
- Stir in dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar) and mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking dish. Set aside and prepare cream cheese mixture.
- For cream cheese swirl, soften 2 oz. (about 1/4 block) cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and flour.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture on top of brownies and swirl slightly with a knife. Dollop jam in opposite spots and swirl in opposite direction.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, remove parchment paper from pan, slice brownies and enjoy!