This is a recipe for red vinegar chicken with sweet potatoes and cauliflower:
- 3-4 chicken breasts (cut in half)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2.5 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into slices ( i cut them in half, then the halves into halves, and then end up getting 16 slices per sweet potato). Clean the cauliflower and cut into pieces. Put the sweet potatoes and the cauliflower in a big bowl. Mix in 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tsp thyme, salt and a few sprinkles pepper and stir. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper, put the sweet potatoes and cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 30-45 min. When they are done put in big bowl and sprinkle 1 tbs red wine vinegar over them.
- While the veggies are in the oven, cut the chicken breasts in halves, add remaining olive oil to pan and then add the chicken. Brown the chicken . Add a little salt and pepper while the chicken is cooking. When the chicken is done, transfer to plate and cover with foil to keep warm. In the same pan as the chicken, add the chicken broth, remaining vinegar, butter, and remaining thyme. Turn heat to high and boil until the liquid has reduced by half, making sure to scrape the bits that form at the bottom. Add chicken back to the liquid mixture to soak up some of the liquids. Serve with vegetables and a little sauce on the plate.